Saturday 8th September 2012

21 to 27 of 27 messages
08/09/2012 at 18:21

RFJ - great splits, pouring it on through miles 4 and 5 there.

08/09/2012 at 19:16

ale - I was born just other side of East D (HM), so know D well. My sister and dad are still there. Also worked at W'ton, when it still had a hospital.

emzap - I don't do hot either. 20C was too hot for most in local HM

7D congrats on a PB because that's what it is

Tom I may now have run longer than 12m but never at 8:04 pace even for part - well done, especially for the last 4 miles

08/09/2012 at 20:39

Evening!

Lots to comment on! Well done RFJ, and nice attitude Emzap. That's not a shabby run, either, Tom!

7D: well done...I not only note the choice of venue, but I so nearly went...however it was such a nice morning I sat in the garden with the paper. If you have a look at 30th on Power of 10 (a club mate) you will see he has dipped under 20 a few time recently...and you beat him! I think you could go quite a bit faster on that course, now that you know it. Its quite quick, but not the fastest, especially with unfamiliarity as it is one of the most complicated about!

OH: I've been a member at OT for about 20 years, but as a kid I was a member at Grace Road. Did you do any sport at Man Uni? I went there too (several decades before you I suspect!) and am still involved with the cross country club. Was in HM last night (Griffin and Crown!)...small world. If you are ever in the vicinity there is now a parkrun from Burnage Rugby Club, which, of course, is in HM! TocH rugby club and the river are at the end of my road. Small world!

Cricket: pleasant and warm...but by the time I got there my team had been skittled out for 75 and the other team played rather patiently to knock the runs off. Then I went for a walk and felt pretty good so included 6 x 40 seconds "run", which was probably the same pace as my walk!

08/09/2012 at 21:11

ale Was at Man Uni 79-82 (so probably not several decades after you). This was as part of a split course between St Andrews and Manchester. The time I was at Manchester "Uni" was mostly spent at hospitals in S Manchester (and Kirkcaldy!) so not really part of uni proper. Brother works in Dept Education there (TESOL). 
However, I'm not a serious competitive athlete and never have been. Only started running in about April 2011.
The Crown is at bottom of my father's road - Now rather live far from a pint of Robbie's

08/09/2012 at 21:19

OH: meant to say that as a student I spent my first term (1972) in "digs" on Cavendish Rd, HM, and the Crown, was, of course, the first Manchester (or should that be Stockport) pub I ever went to!

08/09/2012 at 21:53

late post from me, so belated well dones on the racers (7D & RFJ) plus decent training elsewhere...
skipped a run yesterday,was going to do an easy 3 or 4 but had to take youngest swimming training straight from work , too tired when i got home at 9. Fridays often a rest day, and that was my first for 2 weeks so no big deal..
Today - 6 miles while youngest at this mornings (swim) training then took her to hurdles session while eldest had debut for ladies hockey team (3rds) , found it a bit tough going but didnt disgrace herself (she is one of two U15s in the team). Came home for hedge trimming, weeding & general garden stuff.  
finished with a BBQ and a thoroughly deserved magners (or two, or three...)
lyric - i think I do  

08/09/2012 at 22:28

ale Small world indeed!

Busy family day Dustin

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.