Saturday Session - 9 November

21 to 28 of 28 messages
09/11/2002 at 20:28
what: 4 miles including 2 miles at 5k pace accross sanddunes
why: since i'm off work, i could choose when to run, so i did this run just before it started getting dark. that meant i could work quite hard and look forward to hydration not long after i got home!
last hard day: thursday (track)
last rest day: yesterday
WildWill    pirate
09/11/2002 at 20:42
Evening all

What : recovery run
Why : had a hang over so could not face long ride - will do it tomorow (honest)

Last Hard Day : Thursday
Last Rest Day : Sunday

Will
09/11/2002 at 22:22
Laura - enjoyed the report. Never tried a fell run myself - at the moment, the hill outside West Kirby is enough to deal with (whichever side you approach it from). 1800 feet climbing is getting on for 3x the amount we did in our hill reps session a week last Tuesday and I thought that was bad enough.

The schools X-C at Arrowe Park was indeed pretty sodden. Was marshalling at one of the highest points on the course but press your foot into the ground and you brought up lots of water....

4.3K this evening - thought it would be asking a bit much to try to get a brisk run out of this but surprisingly there was a bit of bounce in the legs & without overexerting myself, still got round in 16:10 (about 6:05 per mile pace). Is it the extra mileage, or the Tuesday group quality sessions?
Intended 10 miler tomorrow morning - longest run I'll have done since 1989!
09/11/2002 at 23:03
What: 13 miles long run, along a local canal path this afternoon/evening.

Why: 'cos I do 'em on Saturdays not Sundays. Plus it's my birthday today & I wanted to get my long run in, although I had to wait until after my youngest son's birthday party had finished!!!!!

Last hard day: Wednesday's hill reps with my Club.

Last rest day: Friday's day orffff.
09/11/2002 at 23:14
Laura+Hilly,
sounds like you both had outstanding races today. CONGRATS
BK
10/11/2002 at 00:36
Did first 40 min 10K in gym. Doesn't compare with you lot so will go back to the Darkside and hide. Not much good at blowing own trumpet, suggestions welcome ;-)
10/11/2002 at 00:52
BK,
I always find it helps if you can find someone to blow your trumpet for you ;-)
10/11/2002 at 09:07
Well done Hilly!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.