Saturday Session 17/08/02

21 to 23 of 23 messages
18/08/2002 at 00:03
It wasn't a very successful rest day. Fielded for 3 hours in sun, 25+ deg C and high humidity; nearly lost the will to live while the opposition tried to bore us to death patting the ball back.
Then when we batted, no drinks were provided, and the outfield was so long it was almost impossible to hit a boundary - you had to run everything. Spent 2 hours+ batting, at the end of which I downed 1.5 litres of much-diluted fruit juice & still felt dehydrated. Legs still feel a bit heavy.
Think tomorrow's interval session will have to be postponed to Monday....
18/08/2002 at 12:20
Power walk with hubby didn't happen. He's now so sore about the knees that walking at all is a bit of a problem. So it was a hobble's pace around the park with the dog instead. Getting him the number of a sports physio and going out on my own from now on! I do have some sympathy for him, honest! ;-)
18/08/2002 at 13:58
What: 32 mile bike
Why: Try to bike every Saturday
Days since last rest day: Friday
Days since last hard run: Wednesday

Well better late then never I guess! Averaged 19.6 mph over the usual loop. Makes a significant difference not having a partner to bike with, my favourite bits of the ride are when I'm drafting!

mm

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.