Saturday session 21/12/2002

21 to 24 of 24 messages
21/12/2002 at 23:08
Psi: If you look at the link on my post on yesterdays training thread, you'd see where the Horwill recovery pace calculation comes from. As it stands I'm inclined to agree with you, but I'm gonna give the whole Horwill thing a try, hook, line & sinker, so to speak.
Drew: Good point on Roads vs. track, I'll bear that in mind, I also think Frank mentions what recovery HR is on his site, so I might work from that instead...
22/12/2002 at 08:46
Must agree with Psi so far as recovery runs are concerned - you shouldn't be having to make any effort to keep to a particular pace. Otherwise - by definition - it isn't a "recovery" run.
I hate recovery runs btw.
22/12/2002 at 11:18
I think by mass consensus, everyone agrees on what most people say constituates a 'recovery-run'; I also happen to agree with them. But, if you read the info on the link I provided, you'll see I was asking a Q about what Frank calls a 'recovery run', as he provides a calculation for target pace.
P.S. I also hate recovery runs, Frank formula type, or mass consensus type...
22/12/2002 at 11:44
6:00am: 6M recovery run.
7:30am: Tried to shop in Sainsbury's but closed to a power cut!
7:45am: Drive 35min to do shopping in another supermarket.
8:50am: Pick up all race day stuff for boxing day from race secretary.
9:00am: last min xmas shopping.
10:00am: Help club fund raiseing. [roll 7 dice & get all 6's & win car]
11:30am: Put road signs up for boxing day race.
12:45pm: Finish putting up road signs
1:50pm: Arrive home.
2:00pm: More club stuff
3:00pm: 10M steady run.
4:30pm: Changed & eaten bowl of soup.
4:45pm: Sort out prizes for race & try to cook dinner.
6:15pm: Eat dinner.
7:00pm: Colapse in front of tv before crawling upstairs to bed at 9:30pm!!!!!
Look farward to friday when I will do nothing BUT run.

Tim

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.