Saturday session (24/8)

10 messages
24/08/2002 at 00:15
Best get this in now before retiring as I won't be around much later today....

what: zilch (or close to)
why: Lytham 2nd XI v Caldy 2nd XI - and we need to get to and from Lytham on the nice quiet M6 & M55 :-(
last hard day: Fri
last rest day: Wed 14/8
24/08/2002 at 08:57
Bl**dy h*ll! The lengths people will go to so that they can beat Martin with his time-zone advantage!

Today: Three mile recovery ru...umm, walk.

Why: A couple of (reassuring symmetrical) aching muscles after yesterday's intervals. And it's all I'm likely to have time for today.

Next week: A mountain or two, I hope. Taking running shoes as well.

Last hard day: yesterday.

Last rest day: Thursday.

See y'awl next weekend.
24/08/2002 at 09:07
Mike, was it you who cut your run short to have time to go to Safeways? Respect!
Hope you have a good holiday Vrap, and get up plenty of mountains with or without your brood.

What: 6 miles easy
Why: that's all I'm doing until 1/2 m on Monday.
Last rest: yesterday
Last hard: Tues
24/08/2002 at 09:10
What: 5.4 mile recovery pace + weights
Why: Easy run today before long run tomorrow
Last rest day: Monday
Last hard day: Thursday
24/08/2002 at 12:37
What: 32 mile bike
Why: Saturday bike session
Last hard run: Thursday
Last rest day: Friday

Got out with a chap from the run club and alternated leading and drafting the entire route which got us round with a 20.5 mph average. I'm hoping we can get a couple more out then I think we'll be looking at the right side of a 21 mph average. Great fun and definitely easier than riding the same route solo at 19.5 mph average.

mm
24/08/2002 at 13:21
What: Saturday long run 2:45
Why: key marathon build up
Rest: Yesterday
Hard: Today

Once again feeling self righteous having got out the house at 7:30. Think this will be my longest run though as really tired towards the end.
24/08/2002 at 14:26
What: nowt (well maybe a leisurely dog walk later)
Why: I'm fed up being sore all the time and decided to take 2 days' rest this week and see if that repairs me!
Last rest day: yesterday
Last hard day: Thursday
24/08/2002 at 20:23
What: am easy 8 mile, recce run for 'The Christmas Cracker' 5 mile road race I'm organising for boxing day in Whitstable, Kent [quick plug again!]I've ironed out the hills for this year i.e it's very flat & fast. Last year I managed to help organise & finish 4th. I hope to improve both this year but the race will come first!!!

What: pm 6 miles fast knocked nearly a minute of previous best time for route.
Thing's look good for Portsmouth 10 & Bristol 1/2.

Martin H
what marathon are you doing & good luck

Fiona G
Ginger is suposed to be an anti-inflamatery [spelt wrong I think]
Arnica is good for sore muscles, try asking your local health food shop.
These may work! hope your running soon.
24/08/2002 at 21:06
What: 20 minutes cross training, followed by weightlifting in the gym: chest press, lats, flies, pulley row, shoulder press, then a short 4k run in which I monitored my running form closely.

Why: needed an all-over workout, and was also keen to see what I might do to improve my form. The awareness itself was helpful; the more I concentrated on keeping a stable yet relaxed core, using my arms efficiently, and keeping mindful of footstrike and breathing, the easier it felt to run, even as I progressively pushed the pace. Interesting!
WildWill    pirate
24/08/2002 at 21:53
What: Nothing
Why: I've got a hangover and I'm racing tommorow

Will

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.