Scuba Diving During Marathon Training

6 messages
18/11/2012 at 16:58

Hi, 

I have completely messed up and booked a week's scuba diving holiday 3 weeks before my marathon date 

I know i will be tappering my by milage then but would still want to get some treadmill runs in during the week. I was thinking of aiming for three runs during the week, and think perhaps early morning before the days diving would be best. I am also thinking that I should dive with Nitrox all week to keep my nitrogen levels down.  

Does anyone have any experience of diving and running ? Any advice would be greatfully received. Thank you 

18/11/2012 at 17:54

Stick to a depth of 12 feet or less.

Depth and death are linked in this diving game.

18/11/2012 at 18:33

I think this is the best thread title I have ever seen on here

Rafiki    pirate
18/11/2012 at 18:56

I wouldn't imagine diving that far out from race day would make much difference to be honest - 3 weeks would be long enough for any affects to wear off. If you're concerned and if your diving with a computer, just err on the side of caution on allowed combined dive times and depths.

And a few runs on the beach should be a nice change!

Enjoy!

18/11/2012 at 20:54

Ideal training to beat this guys record. 

18/11/2012 at 21:05

lol, don't think i willl wear the suit Keir!

Thanks for your thoughts Rafiki, I will be diving with a computer so will be extra careful, plus runs on the beach do indeed sound inviting ! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.