Shades Marathon Training

31,181 to 31,200 of 66,404 messages
30/09/2009 at 15:52

HTF - I have entered Reading and my youngest is doing The Green Park Challenge.....again.
Nice and flat for a sub 2  

Flossie - Received email, thank you. Have a good swimming lesson.
We dont get many 5k's around here either.

SiJ - Hope your son gets better soon so you can have a good night's sleep and run in the morning 

30/09/2009 at 15:56
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

I'll be back later with cake!

In the meantime - I think this says it all about slaying demons....

GET IN!

That's what we like
Great one LB

30/09/2009 at 16:01

Here's one made for you LB

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_15K1_QI36P0/SiUwvLpHWbI/AAAAAAAABFs/hFXQhJ-IJ38/s320/liverpudlianFang.jpg

LIVERBIRD    pirate
30/09/2009 at 16:07

Nomnomnomnomnomnom!

I'll get the plates!

30/09/2009 at 16:26

Had a good run today but my big toenail has come off, so it's not that attractive at all! Got hassled by 2 old biddies telling me to go faster!

My secretary (my dad) got back to me about the jacket, they're all between 35-38 quid but i've got to add postage to italy and that's a tenner which is a lot when it's supposed to be "featherlite". Will keep you informed.

LB- speaking out of personal experience-my parents sent me 18 miles away to school to Bradford Girls Grammar School rather than the local high school, they gave up a lot to send me there and i really appreciate it. If you want to work hard, you can succeed anywhere but I had fabulous facilities as in labs, sports equipment, choice of subjects etc As long as little LB's happy.

You are all very nice and friendly and I feel a lot less homesick already

30/09/2009 at 17:16
Can I have a piece of cake please?
LIVERBIRD    pirate
30/09/2009 at 17:17

http://bakingbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/whitecake2.JPG

30/09/2009 at 17:22

VR - I'm pleased to hear your feet are OK, are you wearing your noo shoos on Sunday?

htf - when Mr Bump is back to full fitness again I'm sure he will offer to pace you round a race to your first sub 2 hour half, he did that for PSC.   Too fast for me, but it is one of my distant goals too, of course it would help if I ran a half marathon now and then, haven't run one for years.

Flossie - VR has to go back to NF some time  to slay that particular dragon and I will be back too probably next year depending on the date

Enrico - keep up with the good hill training.  I must do some hill training too as I have a very hilly marathon in November.

LB - I hope you've had a lovely day and been spoilt with pressies.   Great finishing pic, a discreet crossing of the line as I would expect from you

Mr Bump - hope you're OK and recovering well, if you get a moment let us know you're OK

Off to check the forecast for Loch Ness again

30/09/2009 at 17:25
Just a reminder for anyone interested that entries open for North Dorset marathon tomorrow, limited places and it will fill quickly.  I've already booked myself a place.
30/09/2009 at 17:25
Happy Birthday LB

Shades - Will be on the 5 day Met office site now too i would guess. Cant be bothered looking until friday as it'll change to often up until then.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
30/09/2009 at 17:29
SHADES wrote (see)

LB - I hope you've had a lovely day and been spoilt with pressies.   Great finishing pic, a discreet crossing of the line as I would expect from you

Mr Bump - hope you're OK and recovering well, if you get a moment let us know you're OK

Discreet is my middle name! Oh no - hang on.... it's Jane

I have spoken with Mr Bump and he's back in the land of living and Facebooking but I think he's very sleepy bless him!  Anaesthetics are funny things....

Mrs Bump is taking good care of him too!

30/09/2009 at 17:49
Shades - re: shoos. Don't know, Obviously NOT the insoles. I have just been running round the streets with Jet doing errands and got lost   Had to stop loads as so many peeps to say hallo too (Jet fans)My feet got really hot again....what's going on?
30/09/2009 at 18:00

VR - Oh no can't have your feet getting sore again.

LB - thanks for cake, was kind of you. Glad to hear Mr Bump is doing OK, we miss him.

Shades - I was thinking that marathon HY  mentioned sounded good - though a bit far away - but you reckon not for us beginners!  Will have to think up some new things for next year.

Sad to hear about train crash on the line up to here yesterday, three people in a car hit by train at an unmarked level crossing. Grim.

HM4
30/09/2009 at 18:41

LB,

Happy birthday.  Hope you've had a good day so far.  Great photos.

Shades,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've just tried to find something out about it but haven't been able to.  Is it a new event & where is it?  

HTF,

I'm not sure.  I was thinking South Downs or Stratford, however I'm not really sure at the mo, especially with what  Shades has posted about South Downs.

30/09/2009 at 18:48
Liver Bird, as it is your birthday I thought I would send you this little joke; 

Liverpool scouts were scouring the world for new talent when they came across a young Iraqi lad with bags of skill. They decided to bring him to England and give him a trial. He did well in a couple of reserve games so they put him on the bench for a European game. He came on as sub and had a storming game, ran the opposition defence ragged and scored a hat trick. He was carried off to a standing ovation.

He decided to phone his family to tell them the great news. His Mum answered the phone and after he told her how he got on, he asked how everyone was.

“Not too good son“, his mum said. “Your father has been killed in a gun battle, your sister has been brutally assaulted, and the house has been fire bombed “… what on earth were you thinking of, bringing us all to Liverpool in the first place!!

Sorry for being absent from the forum recently. It all started one morning when Milady observed my efforts at digging her vegetable garden. She in her wisdom must have thought that in spite of my advanced years (no ageist connotation intended) I could do a lot better. She grabbed the spade (no racial connotation intended) and although I was quick, she was quicker. For those of you who may not be aware, there is a very interesting noise when a spade and kneecap meet at great speed and I do not just mean the noise of me screaming like a girl (no sexist connotation intended). Upon reflection, Milady seemed a tad repentant and, in a moment’s generosity, said that I could keep my position as her Butler if I told everybody that I had suffered a running injury. Once the swelling went down, an appointment was made at the local hospital (Her vet not wanting to do the job for a fiver) and I arrived at the appointed hour. I understand that Milady informed you that she dropped me off at the hospital last week. ‘Dropping off’ and ‘Opening the door and pushing whilst still in third gear’ are not a million miles apart I know and sounds a little ungrateful on my part. Milady sped off with the threat that any expense would be deducted from my wages and to ensure that she was not kept waiting for her tea.  I understand that the saga of gaping hospital gowns and the little net pants have been aired sufficiently on this forum so shall refrain from embarrassing myself on that subject. The job was over and done quickly (I won’t bore you with the details) and I found myself hobbling back into the street with a pair of crutches tucked under my arm. You will not be surprised to know that Milady soon snatched them away from me and Cook tells me that they are now available on e-bay (one careful owner). Thank you all for your good wishes and especially to Flossie for the chocolate cake (Milady has not yet noticed that the tin is now empty!!)
30/09/2009 at 19:02
I was looking at the Saucony offerings in Runners World this morning and was impressed by their High Visibility tops with the built in LED. Feeling a bit pedantic, I sent the following e-mail to their Marketing department. Yes I know, I should have had better things to do…… Message:  Attn, Marketing Department.

Just looking at your VIZ PRO range. Looks great. Should fill a gap in the
market.

Would suggest that you change the LED to the LEFT arm as that is the outside
arm as you run towards the traffic.

Regards, I was pleasantly surprised to receive the following explanation from Saucony; Thanks for your message and interest in Saucony.

It's interesting that you have brought up this issue, since it was a debate
we had internally, when we first saw the ViZi-PRO range.

Whilst the point is accepted, that for the UK, the LED should ideally be on
the left arm, the LED is intended to be visible over more than a hundred
metres or so where perception (or indeed reality) of the difference between
the left arm and the right arm (which is only going to be approximately
60cm), is not particularly significant.  In fact even over fifty metres; it
is the movement and the luminescence which will provide safety rather than
position of the LED.

We decided that the cost implications of having a UK specific range with
left-arm LEDs was too great for this to be an option.  In addition, we
recognise that Saucony is a US company, so our apparel design is based on
their requirements and we have little chance of changing the design anyway!

Kind regards and good luck with your running,
Jon – Saucony Fascinating!
30/09/2009 at 19:08

LB, Happy Birthday and great photos

VR, have you got new orthotics? Sorry I've fallen behind with the updates on here

Molly, I've got a Montane featherlite jacket. Its fab and amazingly warm if it needs to be.

SiJ, I get grumpy when I don't run. Hope you get back out soon.

Just done a 3 mile 'recovery' run - better late than never! 23.49, oops Off to consult my 'Chihuahua for dummies' book - Alfie won't stop barking at the curtains in the spare room?!

30/09/2009 at 19:11
Forgot to mention, MrMac bought me a shiny Garmin Forerunner 405CX for my Birthday
30/09/2009 at 19:20
Hi Mrs Mac, what a great present, lucky you 
No they are not orthotics but sorbathane insoles.
HM4
30/09/2009 at 19:39

Mrs Mac,

Nice one.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.