Shades Marathon Training

57,601 to 57,620 of 66,784 messages
23/10/2012 at 19:29
When I ran London I had a time in mind and everything was ok Neil the last few miles where stomach cramp/ tiredness/ miles caught up with me. If I look at my splits now I'm amazed how much I slowed up
23/10/2012 at 19:40
Khanivore, I'm similar to you, really keen to find out how fast I should go in my first marathon which will be London next year. I know we shouldn't be hung up on goals as first marathons are so unpredictable but I'd really like to 1) beat 4h 20 as that was my sisters time! 2) beat 4 hours and even 3) beat 3h 50 as would get be a gfa!
But I will not get fixated on times, I promise!
24/10/2012 at 07:18

Emmy - I'd be really interested in going to Berlin but I guess the race is full already?

bootsie - I wasn't sure if you'd booked a weekend in Dublin.   But Cork is a great place to be.

mamafox - do let us know how you get on at the Cognac marathon, I've never heard of that one.

Kingkenny - nothing to stop you writing a hybrid of the 2 plans to suit you.

Khanivore - yes, you're right the predictors can be a bit reckless when based on short race times, but should you take to the longer runs and find the endurance of the amrathon to your liking then in the future you could achieve those time.   But it can take years to reach your potential in the marathon.

Slowkoala - I think you will achieve all of those goals

Keith - yes, the Irish races are expensive...but worth it  Great Welsh is here http://www.humanbeingactive.org/marathon

Lovely and mild again today, had a great run

24/10/2012 at 07:56

@Shades - Entries open tomorrow at 12pm CET so you can already plan it in...

@Mamfox - I'm another one interested in cognac I saw them advertising it at Medoc and it looked like a great marathon.

My knee was hurting yesterday from the 4 flights of stairs at work so i'm having a rest day and will head out tomorrow if it's better.

24/10/2012 at 08:21

Emmy - so that's 11am here?

24/10/2012 at 08:25

Hi Shades - Yes - 11am UK Time.

24/10/2012 at 12:54

jazz weekend shades! can't wait now

4.3 miles done last night.. feeling much stronger! Runners are coming to ireland with me to get some of that good country air

24/10/2012 at 16:19

Emmy - Sounds very tempting your plans re Berlin!

Had a lovely time in Barcelona. A must see city! Unfortunatly I spent one whole day and night in bed with a bug. A few others got it too. I was very ill
The marathon was the day before thankfully so got that out the way. Turned out a bit warm which caught a few of us out.
Anyway 4 days to go!! 

24/10/2012 at 19:06

Does Berlin fill up quickly? I dont recall entering that soon after it opened when i did it

24/10/2012 at 19:14
Hi Keith,
They've predicted based on Chicago and last year to have it sell out within a week this year... But the first 10,000 will go quickly. It's also the 40th anniversary.

Come on shadies... You know that you want to..... Berlin 2013
24/10/2012 at 22:17

Shades, are you still offering your programme if someone were to email you?

25/10/2012 at 07:13

Nykie - yes, mail me your email address

VR - I didn't know you'd been poorly in Barcelona, you poor thing.

Emmy - I'll try and register for Berlin at 11 am today, hope the website doesn't fall over and our internet at work is rubbish, wobbly at the best of times.

Keith - didn't know you'd done Berlin.

Still mild and a bit of light rain today, forecast for Dublin is very cold, not happy with that

25/10/2012 at 08:31

Morning all,

@Shades - good luck. I've blocked my calendar and am hoping I can get on in time. Here's hoping the Germans can organise the registration better than the Parisians!

25/10/2012 at 08:48
I think the Germans are very organised at races. That's what I've heard anyhow.

It's pre registered for Berlin then we get an email in November, is that right?
25/10/2012 at 09:53

VR - you're right I checked with the organisers and specifically asked them in German and they said that this way should speed up the process for us.

25/10/2012 at 13:10

I succesfully registered for Berlin at 11 am precisely, very efficient.  So will wait until November now for follow up email, hopefully all will be OK

25/10/2012 at 13:16

Hello all,

I was SO suprised to see the Berlin entry be so easy! I was another in at the opening time and got my confirmation email. They're expecting the entire race to fill up within 3 hours :/ It's crazy!

I've sorted out my flight, apartment and race entry... I guess now I just need to train for it!

@VR- have you registered?

25/10/2012 at 14:09

"butts in"  Hello everyone! I promised that I wouldn't come on again until I did a sub4 mara.....and here I am! I've lost over 2 stones (still over a stone to go mind) and I did Pescara marathon and came in at 3.58.59 so basically I just scraped under but I did it. 

"Oscar-type speech" I would like to thank LMUH for putting me in contact with my sports nutritionist at a moment when I'd hit rock bottom and Shades for always believing that I could do it and a big thanks to anyone that knows me.

Enough about me...what are you all up to?

25/10/2012 at 14:14

Well done Marathon Molly!!!  That's fantastic! When was it? Was it hilly? You can't come in and drop that bombshell without telling us about the race

25/10/2012 at 17:03
Molly!!! That's fantastic! Soo pleased for you!
Please stick around. We have missed you.

Emmy - yes I have registered for Berlin
Now to sort out where to stay?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.