Shades Marathon Training

57,621 to 57,640 of 66,188 messages
25/10/2012 at 14:14

Well done Marathon Molly!!!  That's fantastic! When was it? Was it hilly? You can't come in and drop that bombshell without telling us about the race

25/10/2012 at 17:03
Molly!!! That's fantastic! Soo pleased for you!
Please stick around. We have missed you.

Emmy - yes I have registered for Berlin
Now to sort out where to stay?
25/10/2012 at 17:21

Molly - brilliant, well done.   You've worked so hard at the weight loss and your running you truly deserve it.   You are an inspiration to the rest of us....hides piece of cake

I was just about to send a search party out for you as we will be going to Florence in a month's time and so hope you'll be there too.   Myself, VR and mowzer.

Emmy - I checked Berlin website a couple of hours later and they'd had 24k entries and were into the €110 entries.

Can't get Easyjet website to come up with the flights, keep getting a daft message so not sure if flights are for sale from Bristol that far ahead.    Which Berlin airport do you recommend?   Won't have time to look at anything now until I get back from Dublin.

25/10/2012 at 17:59

"waves" the course was as flat as a pancake, otherwise fat chance of doing a sub4!!!

I pre-registered for Berlin earlier on  but haven't looked at flights etc, t'was 110 euros though

Florence - I'm umming & ahhing as it's quite complicated to get to. I'm pondering though.

Race report & photo coming up tomorrow, running home from work now (first time since mara....) 

25/10/2012 at 18:12

Unable to access at work so no Berlin here and i would NOT have paid 110 euros anyway

25/10/2012 at 18:21

Hello all! Berlin has SOLD OUT! 3 1/2 hours and I spoke to the organisers this afternoon and they were in shock!

@VR - If you fancy it - there is room at chez Emily for Berlin. I've booked a 4 person apartment (i need to confirm with apartment about the layout) but if you want to join Shades and myself - you're welcome to it. It's cheap as chips as well! (182EUR for 2 nights).

@Molly - It's great to hear that you'll be in Berlin too! Well done on the fantastic weight loss (very jealous!).

@Shades - Easyjet havent released their schedules yet for September 2012 - it'll be coming out probably in a few months. I've booked with Lufthansa and it's 141EUR which was direct and for the times I want. To be honest any of the airports in Berlin are easy to get to/from. I'm flying into Tegel which is 15 mins from Central station. Schoenfeld is around 45 minutes I think but very easy on the subway.

25/10/2012 at 20:15
That would be great Emmy thank you

Molly - please come to Florence, it would be lovely to see you!
25/10/2012 at 22:48

Hi there Molly. That's a fantastic achievement - a sub 4  and the weight loss .

As Shades and VR have said - please come to Florence, we'd love to see you again.

26/10/2012 at 07:05

Great intentions for 8 miles this morning, got out the door and within the first mile tripped on some uneven ground and twisted my ankle Not a happy bunny at the moment. Hobbled home crying and am now elevating my ankle

26/10/2012 at 07:12

Molly - I do hope you can come to Florence.  Am looking forward to the race report but might not be back on line until Wed as don't get back from Dublin until late Tuesday.

Emmy - thanks for the info on the airports for Berlin.  I guess all the hype has caused the sell out so quickly for Berlin but it has the reputation of being probably the best marathon in Europe.

Cold biting wind this morning but had a nice run around town.   This time tomorrow I shall be doing my training run around the leafy suburbs of Dublin.   Am only working until lunchtime today, then home to pack and round to VR's for cab to airport

26/10/2012 at 07:14

(((Emmy))) - oh no, you poor thing.   Ice then a support bandage, as long as it's no more than a sprain in which case you'll need to have it looked at.

26/10/2012 at 07:18

Have a great time in Dublin, Shades and VR! Enjoy the celebration!

I think it's just a strain... but i'm going to rest it and see how it is later on today

26/10/2012 at 08:17

Emmy - might be an idea just to keep it strapped up for a little while to give a bit of extra support, ankles are funny things...not ha.ha. though

26/10/2012 at 10:43

Shades and VR - have a great time in Dublin. VR, have a good one for the BIG ONE and don't drink too much Guiness .

26/10/2012 at 10:51

Shades - i'm taking your good advice and strapped it up.

@VR - Please remember to drink a guiness for me and i'd like to see a picture of "the" vest!

26/10/2012 at 12:00

Well done 4/Marathon Molly

26/10/2012 at 12:45

Ha ha! ok Emmy 

27/10/2012 at 13:15

A tad chilly this morning on my long run,  crunchy bits in one spot in the shade. Still perfectly happy with 15.7 miles in 2:25 on a fairly hilly route.

27/10/2012 at 15:45
Molly - just read about your stonking new time. That's brilliant!!!

That's me finally home from Paris. Totally shattered! Left hotel yesterday at lunchtime. Flight to London was delayed by 90 mins. Arrived in London to find our flight to Aberdeen was cancelled completely. No spaces on any other flights so after a very long wait we got booked onto a flight for today and put up in a hotel overnight. Dinner at 9.30 pm, up at 5 am! Returned to Heathrow, caught a flight to Manchester just before 8 am, then after an easy transfer caught the flight to Aberdeen. Totally exhausted! On the upside, I think the snow was bad here last night (all gone today) so maybe that was a blessing!
27/10/2012 at 20:47

Shades, thanks - I've PMed you my email address.

I've claimed I'm going to do a sub-4 marathon next year

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.