Shades Marathon Training

57,741 to 57,760 of 67,337 messages
07/11/2012 at 21:12

3 miles done in under 26 mins.. stomach still swelling after running whihc is a bit of a worry!!! still felt good to get out though..

running with ex olympic lady tomorrow again.. looking forward to it!

08/11/2012 at 07:14

Edna - you will be fine, just focus on one week's training at a time

Keith - can't you eat both meals yourself?

bootsie - speedy run .  Is that normal after your op?

Drizzly this morning but mild, managed to do the return trip on the back road.   Good to see that they have finally started work on the bypass that we've been waiting decades for.

08/11/2012 at 07:37

Shades - Erm probably more easily than i would want to admit too but some restraint is always nice. besides this is the new me with still dropping weight and (as far as one believes fat reading scales) dropping fat % still too.

08/11/2012 at 07:52
Shades, which bypass is that? We're waiting for a bypass to start which has been talked about for years, but has now got the go ahead (Kingskerswell bypass).
08/11/2012 at 08:16

Big G - ditto Kerswell bypass.   They've started demolishing the houses on the back road between Kerswell and Newton Abbot.  And on the main road near the quarry, those cottages are about to be knocked down, all except one has been boarded up for years.

Keith - good news on the weight control, it's certainly paying off with your race times.   What have you changed with your diet, just cut the portion sizes?

08/11/2012 at 08:30

The other day I was running from the Pen Inn roundabout, on a route out to Stover.  On the pavement I noticed a lot of coloured lines, as if they had been marking out where pipes/services were.  Also, at the back of Saisnbury's near the train line I noticed what appear to be fences/markings, and I was wondering if that was something to do with the planned works.

08/11/2012 at 08:38

Very observant Big G!  Which running club did you join?

08/11/2012 at 08:52

VR - I'm in Teignbridge Trotters.....

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 08:54
08/11/2012 at 08:57

Of course! Only the best running club in the world! Lol!

08/11/2012 at 09:01

It's a small world

On on!

08/11/2012 at 09:04

You and Bootsie have the same Avatar!

08/11/2012 at 09:06

On on indeed!

Bootsie - Who is this ex Olympian? 

08/11/2012 at 09:23

shireen bailey i think is her name

oooh i might have to change mine

not sure if its normal but will go back to the doc and check

08/11/2012 at 10:28

Hello Shadies. Hope you're all keeping well. 

Did someone say Teignbridge Trotters?  It is indeed a 'small' world  

08/11/2012 at 10:53

Hiya small! We met through this thread didn't we Awww X

08/11/2012 at 13:08

Hello small - how are you?

08/11/2012 at 13:25
SHADES wrote (see)

Khanivore - hope you have a lovely meal tonight for your wife's birthday.

LOL at being modest about wearing running tights  and what with Emmy and her chafing problem

Emmy - your knee problem may be you trying to protect your ankle.   Don't worry your speed will return, remember how you were complaining about your running pace a few days before your mega PB at Amsterdam?

I must pop over to the Berlin thread too and see what's going on

Re the chafing, as you seem to have tried everything the only thing left is to wear something different.   Chafing is often due to poor fit...usually too big so a snugger fit may help.

I have one pair of base layer thermals (tights) but usually I just wear 2 pairs in cold weather.

It's not funny!!.... well actually it is for everyone who sees me walk like a cowboy :/ Yeah, I think you're right. 4 miles this morning felt "ok". I had a nice chat with the workmen near my house about my training plan. Apparently i look "hardcore"

Keith M Stuart wrote (see)

Oh aye i'll be in the pub post race both days

Saturday will need something decent sized to refuel for sundays marathon naturally...
Will see who i can con into a 2 for £10 meal on the day.

Other than that i shall attempt to remember the way to sainsburys, or cheat and use sat nav.

I'll meet you at the pub! It looks like plans have changed and so i can have a drink - we'll be getting a lift up to Milton Keynes and then taking the train home 

As i mentioned - last 4 miles before the marathon for me. It felt 'ok' but i'm just going to see how things go in the next few days and not push it.

Welcome to Edna and Big_G... it looks like we have the starts of a devon massive going on!

@Khanivore -what's the calorie count so far today?

08/11/2012 at 14:07

Wotcha VR. Yes, and what fun runs we've had together since then. 

Hello Shades.  I'm not too bad thank you. I hope you're fit and injury free?

08/11/2012 at 14:14

hiya small

running at lunch was good.. 1 mile race.. done in 7:47, then did some fartlek work

08/11/2012 at 17:49

Shades - first the bad news...Florence is a no-go unfortunately. Everyone I know is travelling by train or coach so that's around €70 return plus hotel, entry fee etc it's out of budget. Mini Molly is having a fixed brace on this weekend and that's 5,500€ (can pay 200€ every month), what is made of - gold???? 

The good news is that my Mum & Dad asked what I wanted for xmas ...and I said Berlin entry fee....so that is definitely on!!! Must remind them to pay tomorrow!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.