09/11/2012 at 15:31

Right .. plans for this year race wise

Brighton Half - Feb

Ballycotton 10 - March

Sussex Marathon Living Weekend (Not a real marathon) - May

09/11/2012 at 15:32

oh and Reigate 10km July

09/11/2012 at 16:02

Emmy - stick with the lenses. I remember at first hating them and thinking how can people put up with these but I soon changed my mind. It really does make life a lot easier. I use daily disposables.

Shades - I've never done Berlin, it'll be my second "major"  and just when I thought i was almost half way there to doing all of them - they go and add Tokyo!!!

AND I'm staying with you, VR & Emmy - we can have a porridge party!!

09/11/2012 at 16:06

Thats great news Molly.

09/11/2012 at 16:10
Bootsie I will see you at the Reigate 10k - would be rude to not go as it starts 6 miles from my house lol

You might want to consider the Phoenix Brighton 10k too. That was a good run - pan flat, no cars, there and back along the sea front. Lots of runners and well marshalled with lots of encouragement.
09/11/2012 at 16:13
I don't only run for cake you know!
I run for kebabs too
Edited: 09/11/2012 at 16:13
09/11/2012 at 16:51

I'll enjoy the porridge party!

@Khanivore - has anyone ever told you that you might have an unhealthy relationship with food?

@Shades -I know this is a little late in the day - but what pace should I stick to tomorrow? 10.45 min miles? or what do you recommend?

09/11/2012 at 16:54

Emmy - repeatedly. I would type more but I am busy eating

09/11/2012 at 17:24

Khani - what are you like!!!

Seriously though (preaching bit) I feel so much better eating healthy food and I still have dark choc twice a week & an ice cream once a week. I was the junk food queen but there's no better satisfaction than a PB.

VR - I'm so looking forward to it even though it's ages off

Emmy - have a good run tomorrow

I've got a HM on Sunday, it's flat but there are a lot of off road bits and there looks to be a lot of bends. I did my last HM (early October) in 1.54 so I'm hoping to knock a teeny weeny bit off that. 

09/11/2012 at 17:48

Khanivore - We love our food on this thread! You are in the right place.
I've entered a few short races  A 7 miler off road, A 5k Santa fun run. Both in December. A 10k in January and a 10 miler. A half marathon in March.

Emmy  - How far are you running tomorrow? 

09/11/2012 at 17:52

@VR - It's the full marathon (foxy@40). Are you taking a break from marathons for a bit?

I agree - we do like our food! Ive stuck to my low GI lately and it's been working wonders on my energy levels.

09/11/2012 at 20:21

Of couse, sorry I forgot! Not really taking a break, Just a break from that Lake!
Lost count how many times I've been round it!
Still got 5 marathons to do this year

10/11/2012 at 06:50

bootsie - well done for motivating your fellow workers into doing a 10km.

molly - that's brilliant that we're all staying together for Berlin. 

Yes, I saw they'd added Tokyo to the list, but I never intend to do all of the majors anyway as I've never fancied doing Boston.   Would like to do Chicago though.

Good luck for the half marathon, I think you'll do a good PB.

Emmy - yes 10:45 sounds fine, I don't think it's a challenging course and it's good to focus on a pace when you're doing repetitive laps.   Have a good run.

VR - oooh short races.   Which 10 miler have you entered?   I want to do a 10 mile road race.   Which half in March?   I also want to do a half but only found Bideford which is the same day as the Duchy.

10/11/2012 at 07:17

Its a wet cvourse

Although the band of rian will have gone in a fwe hours.

Anyway off to the other lake in a minute to put tent up for bags.

Dinner was chicken burger and chips for those who want to know, no steaks for me

10/11/2012 at 19:18

6:49:53 for me clocked 40.37 via transfer to fetch, sporttracks says 40.44 garmin went for 40.6

I was after sub 7 so was happy with sub 6:50 espcially as i thought sub 7 would be hard work

Shades you need to ask Emmy what her sister did to earn a free pudding post race

10/11/2012 at 22:14

I'd love a copy!

11/11/2012 at 06:28

Keith - well done.  Did it rain all day?

Emmy - how did you get on?

wondertaff - you have to PM me your email address, can't send attachments via RW

11/11/2012 at 07:56

It barely rained at all as i expected having studied the various weather sites. A little light rain for at most the first hour.

Interestingly nothing hurts too much this morning apart from my bottom Even the nipple rub looked far worse than it actually was.

11/11/2012 at 08:19
I had a disastrous run yesterday. I went out to do 12 but cut it short after about 6 with stomach issues (I won't go into any more details!!). I had to call my wife from a tyre fitters place to pick me up, as I don't carry a mobile and there were no phone boxes.

It did get me thinking (again) about carrying a mobile though. Do any of you carry phones? If so, do you just stick them in a pocket? I don't fancy those arm phone holders that I've seen people wear.

Regarding the stomach issues, I thought I'd sorted the issue as for the last few months I've restricted the amount of semi-skimmed milk I have on my shredded wheat (I used to drown the cereal with milk) and have not had a problem for quite a while. Not sure what went wrong yesterday....I'd say my food and drink were fine. I did recently have 9 days off where I did no running but did plenty of eating/drinking so I'm putting it down to me not being 'in balance'. I know the four runs I've done this week (the first ones since my running break) have all felt more difficult than usual.

Anyway, probably just going to the gym today and do an hour on the treadmill to see how I am. I know it's boring on the treadmill (I usually hate them!) but at least it's a safe environment incase I get the issue again

I hope this topic isn't too gruesome for a Sunday morning!!
11/11/2012 at 08:51
Morning all,

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I struggled throughout and just didn't feel 'right' all day (heart rate was 180-190 throughout). At the 3rd lap - I was going to give up and then I met one of the ultra runners and she kept me going. As it was - I ended up staying with her to help her through her bad patch even though I felt strong and could have gone faster.

End time - 5,43 but I'm happy that I stuck it out despite feeling so awful.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Keith and having dinner/drinks with him. My sister managed to score a free honeycomb cheesecake dessert after harassing the waiter for the entire evening!

@Keith & Mowser - good luck for today!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.