Shades Marathon Training

58,201 to 58,220 of 67,269 messages
19/12/2012 at 09:48
Will give the cycle a go later in the week. I woke up with an aching leg again as usual but it feels much better after a stretch. I have seen the light - it clearly needs a good rest.
19/12/2012 at 11:52

howdy all!

well 10 miler in great windsor park on sunday.. love that place.. then gentle cross train on bike and x trainer yesterday because my little mare kicked me in the back of my thigh.. very sore, not sure running is an option yet as limping a bit still!

19/12/2012 at 12:19
Khanivore, I bet with all the swimming and cycling you'll come back in even better form than before in a week or two. My dad used to be a runner and now cycles but he reckons that if he had done the two together he would have been an even better runner.

Bootsie, glad to hear that at least your horse is fit and well again.

8 miles today, pacing not great as had intended to do 5 easy and 3 at MP but ended up doing 5 at MP and then 3 at about 15 secs less than MP. Have just ordered garmin for Xmas present to myself from my family so hopefully that will help me pace better
19/12/2012 at 12:26

Slowkoala the garmin is going to be a game changer and a real eye opener for you I am guessing

Bootsie - ouch sounds painful!

19/12/2012 at 12:40

lol slowkoala

she's not quite there yet, had a fright this morning.  She has had her bandages taken off yesterday for the first time and then, while walking her out in hand, she turned and kicked me, landing me off my feet and took off.. small gallop and then stopped (it hurt i'm guessing!  my tough running thighs!) then brought her back into her stable.  This morning her leg was very swollen but i think its a combo of too much too soon and her having her bandges off.  We (myself and vet) decided its better for her to be turned out to the field now full time because she is stressing and kicking out too much in the stable at this stage and could do more damage so its kind of nerve wrecking, just hoping it all heals now as it should!

so thing is.. is there a risk of me doing any damage doing intervals tomorrow with a very swollen hamstring from a kick?!?!

19/12/2012 at 12:58

doesn't sound like a particularly smart idea.

19/12/2012 at 13:02

Naughty Horse! I really don't miss those days Bootsie!
If you are limping still then I wouldn't run.

19/12/2012 at 13:06
Bootsie, I agree with VR and Sofaboy. Have a rest tororrow or do some Christmas shopping. Hope your horse is happier in the field and recovers well.
19/12/2012 at 13:12

bootsie - ask them to shove up on the injury bench, I think you should let that painful kick your mare gave you heal before you do anything.

Slowkoala - congrats on the present buying of your Garmin for yourself

19/12/2012 at 13:19

boo!!!!!!!!

I actually really enjoy these interval sessions now. but there is a free lunch on at the same time so maybe I can cheer myself up with that! must put the mince pies down though!

19/12/2012 at 13:20

whos running on christmas day then?

19/12/2012 at 13:24

probably. i've got a long run on sunday morning (followed by several hours in the pub watching the footie. hey, i'm replacing vital carbs, ok! lol...). so no run on xmas eve. and we're travelling up north on boxing day, so that'll be out. so if i don't want to miss a run, then yes, i'll probably be seen running through the local lanes with a santa hat on.

19/12/2012 at 13:28
5 easy miles for me on Xmas day as per schedule. Quite looking forward to it as will give OH a chance to clear up all the mess from the kids' presents!
19/12/2012 at 13:46

I think a 10km on christmas morning will be great for me

20/12/2012 at 00:21

((bootsie)) & ((horse)). Reminds me of when my son tried to push his pony into the horsebox. Ended up flying across the grass with a hoof print on his thigh .

No appointments at the docs until Jan 2nd, so went to Minor Injuries Unit at local community hospital. Had x ray on heel and no stress fracture. Thought it might be inflammation due to PF, although I don't have classic symptom of not being able to walk in the morning and I don't have any stiffness. Suggested continue with 'gentle' running, so might try a 'gentle' run tomorrow.

20/12/2012 at 07:12

I too will be running Xmas day, great time to run, the roads are so quiet.

mowzer - well that's good news that it's not a SF (it would show on Xray now cos you did it some time ago).  Maybe a damaged tendon.

Do they know what 'gentle exercise' may mean in your book.....a marathon!

Lots of rain today again, splashed my way through the puddles, lovely and mild.

Get my turkey today from work

20/12/2012 at 08:17

mowser. good news but take it easy!

chucking it down here today.. poor little horse is out in the field in the rain with little shelter bless! lots of hay for her

no intervals today for me so will just relax until I fly home tonight and then nice relaxing runs in ireland over the next few days!

20/12/2012 at 09:13

And what shall we call the Turkey this year?
I got presented with my throphy last night. A beautiful engraved vase. I'll bring it tonight to Kettles

Mowser - Good for you for going to get your injury looked at.
Be careful though. Do you know what 'gentle exercise' is?

I got drenched last night on our club session. It was a mixed bag of Fartleks, chains and hill running up 'The hill of Doom' Powderham.
It was fun. Where were you Big G ?

20/12/2012 at 13:01

bootsie - have a lovely time back home in Cork

VR - haven't thought of a name for him yet, might not bother as the weather is milder he will be heading for the oven on Saturday I think, not enough time to strike up a rapport.  

Oh yes, bring your trophy to Kettlecise tonight, another one for the mantlepiece, well deserved too.

ooh Powderham, I haven't run up there for a long time, must do a bit of hill training sometime.   I don't even take my car up that hill

20/12/2012 at 13:03

VR - Big G probably went to your house looking for mince pies

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.