Shades Marathon Training

58,721 to 58,740 of 67,861 messages
18/01/2013 at 08:31

Depends where they be flying from Cardiff Bristol and Southampton all shut currently. Upto 2 lanes on the M5 now though.

18/01/2013 at 10:38
Morning Shadies,

Set foot in a gym today for first time ever! Tempo run - did 6 miles instead of 5 (as with the 10 pounds guest fee, that would have been 2 pounds a mile!) Felt easier than outside and was able to watch question time and Jeremy Kyle simultaneously whilst also listening to my playlist. Will probably use it for my long run on Sunday but imagine that will be very boring.

Starting snowing here around 8am - very light pieces of snow but coming down fast. Kids being sent home at lunchtime.
18/01/2013 at 11:14

Glad I did the 5 miler last night, was a few patches of snow about but not like today. Can't believe that's almost 5 weeks of the plan done already, Feb/March will be tough though.

2 Rest days now before 4 Villages Half on Sunday (if It doesn't get cancelled), would be fun in the snow but no fun on sheet ice.

Waiting to see if we get let home early today, keeping an eye on the traffic reports and incidents are building up. It's been snowing quite heavy all morning & showing no signs of easing up.

18/01/2013 at 11:54

Snowing heavily here in Camberley now, glad I got to the gym yesterday.

But for my LSR on Sunday it may be road or gym. The idea of running in the Snow appeals to me - weird I know, but it may be all icy come Sunday ???

2.5 hours on a tradmill cannot be smart !! 

18/01/2013 at 12:54

Gloucester marathon cancelled. Not surprising really.
Not a flake where I live

18/01/2013 at 13:17

Keith - Maldives and Dubai flights are from Heathrow, don't know about the Turkey flight.

VR - yes I did, and managed to use it for all of the session except the windmill with kettlebell held above head (Steve lied to me) and for the abs I switched down to the 4kg.   It was tough but good  Didn't see you arrive for BOKWA....did I miss you?

Glos being cancelled, means that we have not started the year with a DNS!   So my first marathon this year will be a double. I haven't done any long runs yet

Just had an email about a 128 mile ultra (over 4 days), running from Leeds to Liverpool, entry fee £475

18/01/2013 at 13:38
Quit a bit of snow and very cold here so thought I would do today's run on my treadmill, got ready pressed stat it tried to go and then nothing, tried 5 times to no avail. It has been a wile since I used it but that's typical I thought. Back in the house put on warm clothes and thought I would try my yaktrack that has been in the draw for a year, they are really good and the grip is fantastic So had a very enjoyable 8 mile run in the countryside thank you treadmill for not working
18/01/2013 at 13:54
Shades i would like to do something like that in a couple of years, I take it that covers bed and breakfast?
18/01/2013 at 14:02

@Shades - What about Pilgrims? It's start of Feb though so could be a little cold?

18/01/2013 at 14:52

Hi everyone, just been for a good 18k in the snow.. really enjoyed it, only slippy in parts as snow has just started to stick.

This week had made decision to change some of my routes as am guilty of doing same base circuits every week. After using mapmyrun.com ( a belated thank you to whoever mentioned this a while ago..) I am running 3 new routes and it has really given me a boost  Find I am more interested and focused on the run rather than just doing it automatically...

18/01/2013 at 14:52
Pilgrim ultra is off road so not for our Shades. I was looking at that though Emmy.

I need to find something!
18/01/2013 at 15:03

@VR - I might be doing it with Mel if she can get childcare....

I've also signed up to the Kent Roadrunner on 1st June.... but that's ages away yet

18/01/2013 at 16:04
Just entered! Hope you make it! I'm only doing day 1
18/01/2013 at 16:09

ONLY day 1? Wuss 

18/01/2013 at 16:12

shades! thats pricey

lots and lots of snow here.. having a lazy day after busy day yesterday.  Did intervals at lunch, indoor body bootcamp after work and short run with dog after that as a cool down. Feeling very run down though so lazy day now and see how I feel tomorrow .. might make it to the gym for a run on the treddie!

18/01/2013 at 17:04
LOL Emmy! You're right!
19/01/2013 at 07:04

Have been out for a little run and although it's very cold, there was no ice , still a little sharp wind but quite pleasant conditions, did wear a woolly hat though, first time I've done that for years.   We have no snow here, thankfully

Hope everyone is coping well with the conditions

Must dash and get ready, food shop, library and gym

19/01/2013 at 07:18

Grumbles

Tis Early

off to Carlisle Park Run now, it wont be fast fast i doubt as i'll be route learning today although with 3 laps it should be quick learning. 4 hours sleep however might be a slight hinderance

19/01/2013 at 07:56

Morning!

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 07:57
19/01/2013 at 08:55
Morning everyone! Planning 12 miles this morning.. Lets see how it goes! Still lots of snow around
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.