Shades Marathon Training

59,841 to 59,860 of 66,467 messages
19/03/2013 at 14:15
KingKenny wrote (see)

Shadie trip sounds good!! ...I know a couple of very good bars. ,that's my 2nd trip to Barcelona and would happily go quite a few more times. Great City. Entries are open for next year & first 10,000 are cheaper.

Well I'm happy to register now VR?

19/03/2013 at 14:22

Bum I was hoping I could get away with failing to mention I was DDing

Still I do now posess 16 creme eggs for the price of £2. There is nothing unusual with them at all either supposedly. 19p each of 8 for £1 in Home Bargains.

19/03/2013 at 14:48

LOL! Keith. Eat lots and lots of those eggs. Then you can roll down the hills of Dartmoor

Count me in for Barcelona, lets enter now!

19/03/2013 at 14:56

Emmy, wellcome to the Zurich Marató of Barcelona 2014 

Your inscription has been realised successfully! 

You are already officially registered in the Zurich Marató of Barcelona that will take place next March 23, 2014.

19/03/2013 at 15:02

SNAP!

19/03/2013 at 16:19

I could roll down them hills now tbf Its getting up the other side that will be the problem, bloody Dartmeet hills.....

19/03/2013 at 18:15

lol apparently if you use the home bargains website you can buy er 480 creme eggs for £60

best wait until after the MOT on the car tomorrow

20/03/2013 at 07:16

bootsie - maybe you'll be able to do one of the races?

Emmy - VR is the queen of stretching

Widecombe is on the route for Dartmoor Discovery, hilly ultra in June, wonderful race

VR - I'll hold fire on entering Barcelona at this stage as I need to find out the dates of a couple of Irish races first and obviously Ireland would be my first choice if there's a clash of dates.

Keith M Stuart wrote (see)

lol apparently if you use the home bargains website you can buy er 480 creme eggs for £60

That's a disgusting thought!

Lovely morning, gentle rain, not so cold and saw two deer.   Getting so much brighter in the morning now 

20/03/2013 at 11:50
Very tempted by the Creme egg offer, can you imagine doing an Easter egg hunt with that many eggs!

Louey, Hillingdon looks like a good club, you should definitely join if it's just up the road. They do weekend sessions too.

8 miles today with 3 at MP. Legs feel fine.

Annoyingly, the store I ordered some replacement shoes from had messed up and actually don't have any in stock. Shame it took 2 weeks to tell me. Cannot find elsewhere in my size so have ordered the newer model which will hopefully be OK. I want to try them properly before deciding whether to use them for the marathon.

Very jealous of you all doing Barcelona, sounds like a great one to do.
20/03/2013 at 13:07

Slowkoala - that's annoying about the shoes, but often the 'newer' model has very few changes...usually change of colour and a hike in the price!

Barcelona is March 2014 so plenty of time for you to decide/plan if you want to do it!

20/03/2013 at 13:46

Well i managed 5.2 miles this morning after dropping car off for MOT and as its gonna be ready later i shall have to run back there too. Brakes and a suspension part need fixed costing £300.

Now where did i stash my creme eggs

20/03/2013 at 14:34

Well that was proper cold, felt ok to run from Friday, but left it a few more days, did a steady 5 mile Monday and 10 miles last night, felt really good and legs feel very strong.   I believe it does you good to have 7-10 days not running now and again.   

Shadie trip sounds great would be good to put faces to names, how about one in the uk though

20/03/2013 at 15:03

Where is Spring !!!! 

Managed a MWLR of 10 miles today, but it was bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr freezing !!! 

It felt really tough though, managed a 9 mm overall pace- didn't feel very comfortable, not much consistency in times. Maybe its still the excesses of Reading HM ????

No groin pains though which is a bonus, some right leg carf pain though. I seem to be swapping aches and pains around my body - the rib pain has gone, feet feel OK, but old age I do feel 

When will Spring, spring???? 

20/03/2013 at 15:11

not soon enough for me mate.

i did an 8 mile MWLR this afternoon and whilst it had stopped sleeting it was still absolutely brass monkeys. kept to 8:40 pace which felt good once my calfs had loosened up a bit.

less than 5 weeks to go now and i have to say, i'm not going to miss the LSRs. only one more really long one to do.

can't wait until the big day though.

20/03/2013 at 17:39

Keith - I LURVE creme eggs - and I pop them in whole, a bit like a snake really

Khani - excellent time for your half! Hope you're having a good time in California and getting in some sunny runs

Slowkoala - that's a fantastic time for 20 miles! very well done. I never see any good-looking chappies when I go running, all old biddies with beer bellies...

RR - 1.48 is a very good time! You'll have to teach me your style because I trundle along!

Big G - well done on your LSR, if  it makes you feel any better - I NEVER stretch (and I know that I should)

Sofaboy - don't beat yourself up, 18.7 is an awful long way, well done

Clag - hope you've got your voice back and your cough is clearing up

Bootsie - enjoy your skiing trip!

Mowzer - that sounded nice & messy. I know you're not supposed to, but with all that mud do you wang your shoes into the washer?

Mamafox - Oh no ((()))

VR - I want a copy of your plan  when it's ready

Emmy - what duff news about your running club, their loss!!

Shades - I know you'll be tutting about my lack of stretches. .....Today I'm walking normally. I've had 2 days of swinging my legs round and people looking at me as if I had 3 heads. I may do a little run tomorrow and then from Sunday back to normal running. Manchester marathon on April 28th!

20/03/2013 at 17:50
I didn't realise you were doing Manchester so soon after Rome, Molly - you are brave and mad.

I keep thinking about Creme eggs now

Can't believe we have just one long run left before tapering!!

I saw that the gels available at the VLM are the new Lucozade dual fuel elite ones. Never seen these in the shops but apparently you don't need water with these ones, unlike the other lucozade ones. I seem to stomach most gels OK so might try these on my last long run if I can get hold of any. If not may stick with the SIS ones.
20/03/2013 at 18:34

Yeh, I want to try the new elite gels beforehand too - need to find a supplier.

20/03/2013 at 18:56

Just ordered some from MaxiShop - £25 for 24 gels - couldn't really find them anywhere else - not at this price anyway.

20/03/2013 at 19:08
You can get smaller packs on eBay (4 or 5 I think).
21/03/2013 at 07:25

S3200H - mowzer. VR and I do plenty of UK marathons too so we can put our race lists on here and find a suitable marathon where we can meet up.

Rattler - good news that the groin seems to be OK.   we've had the best of the UK weather down here but not this morning, wet and windy, but not that cold

molly - you've been lucky not to get injured, most runners start a stretching routine when they get their first injury.  Sorry I won't be at Manchester on the 28th April, I've entered Shakespeare that day.

Slowkoala - would be wise just to carry a couple of your own gels, sometimes things go wrong in races and you can't always pick up gels etc at every expected point.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.