Shades Marathon Training

59,981 to 60,000 of 67,230 messages
26/03/2013 at 15:29

shades.. i would go for warmth too!!

physios best punt is that its nerve pain from my back, the sciatic nerve going into the peronial nerve I think and its all aggrivated.. oh goody!

26/03/2013 at 17:23

Slowkoala - I have found another road marathon and it should be warm......Lancaster on June 30th, or Waterford on the 29th June.

Every time I look at the weather forecast for the weekend it gets worse, but will make final decision about the weekend on Thursday.   If I stay home I can cook that turkey that's been lurking in my freezer since November

bootsie - that's good news....not sure how that could have been diagnosed as a potential stress fracture before

26/03/2013 at 21:15

evening folks, hope you are all fit and healthy despite the cold weather..

Unfortunately my training has taken a bit of a blow today when i was told by the doc i should avoid excersise for 2 weeks after having a mole removed...i had to have a good laugh at that and i told them i was training for a marathon so not an option, plus im a postie so my job involves a fair amount of excersise...I managed to persuade the doc to allow me to run by the weekend all depending how well the stitches have done their job. I might have a VERY gentle 3 mile jog on thursday to see how it feels before attempting a slightly longer run on friday. oh well i might as well enjoy the feet up chance while i have it.. 

26/03/2013 at 21:56

Put your feet up Iain - it's bloody cold out there - still, at least it's not nearly April !!!!! 

27/03/2013 at 07:08

Iain - the enforced rest might do your knees and hamstrings some good though.    I had a mole removed 5 years ago on a Wednesday and on the Sunday I ran a marathon PB.....of course it does depend where the mole is/was.  Mine was on my forearm.

Not quite so cold today as the north east wind has eased a little, had a great run

27/03/2013 at 07:46

Iain - I'd listen to the dr. I'm not sure where the mole is but take it easy. You don't want the stitches taking longer to heal than necessary

27/03/2013 at 08:10

hi shades, pretty much because it was very inflamed at the same point so a bit confusing really but because he did some work on my back yesterday the whole thing is in spasm today.. foot pain feels irrelevant right now!! shame!

27/03/2013 at 08:12

Emmy - how's the hip?   Still freezing weather with you?

bootsie - ouch, hope the treatment works

27/03/2013 at 08:24

Hi Shades - Hip feels OK. I'm going to give it another day and try a 5 miler tomorrow morning and see how I get on. I can cut back at 3 miles so it gives me some 'cut out' options if needed. I've been trying some different stretches but they seem to hurt my calf muscle!

It's absolutely freezing here It's really not a nice wind as its so cold. At the weekend - it kept blowing off my hat and whilst I was walking to the supermarket yesterday; I was almost blown sideways!

@Bootsie - that doesnt sound nice

27/03/2013 at 08:26

Thanks.. me too.. god so bored of not running!!

Good luck with the hip Emmy

Freezing here too.. two pairs of socks on  at least long weekend this weekend !

27/03/2013 at 08:30
bootsie wrote (see)

Thanks.. me too.. god so bored of not running!!

Good luck with the hip Emmy

Freezing here too.. two pairs of socks on  at least long weekend this weekend !

You're so lucky - I "only" get Monday off

27/03/2013 at 08:33

It sounds like there is a bit of an injury bench developing  I hope everyone gets better soon.

Shades - I think I'm only 1 or 2 miles up the road from you and it's very lightly snowing here, and feels very cold.

Club session for me tonight.  It's either 5x1m intervals (which sounds horrendous!) or something called "Team relays with a mystery twist".  Hmmm.

I have rearranged my runs a bit this week, and I'm planning my LSR either Thursday after work or Friday AM.  You may know that I've drastically reduced my alcohol intake recently...well that's all going out the window this weekend as there is a favourite beer festival of mine in Paignton which I feel obliged to attend

27/03/2013 at 08:43

Big_G.. that sounds like fun!!

27/03/2013 at 12:22
Ditto Big G's comments to everyone on the injury bench. Hope you all recover soon.

11 miles this morning with 6 at MP. Really didn't think I would still be wearing tights, base layer, hats, gloves and buff at the end of March!

Now need to take my 6 year old to the dentist to have two teeth removed Poor thing has managed to grow an 'extra' tooth which shouldn't be there. Really hope they come out easily.
27/03/2013 at 12:31
Slowkoala wrote (see)

Now need to take my 6 year old to the dentist to have two teeth removed Poor thing has managed to grow an 'extra' tooth which shouldn't be there. Really hope they come out easily.

I had an extra tooth when I was younger behind my two front teeth. It was hell to get out (I still remember it).

27/03/2013 at 12:37

Fingers in ears whilst the talk turns to dentists

27/03/2013 at 13:09

Emmy - don't overdo the stretching!  Just enough to gently work the damaged muscle so it repairs without scar tissue

I'm sick to death of this cold weather

Big G - there were a few flakes this morning when I was running.   Have no windows in our office only Velux roof ones and can't see any snow there.  

Mile reps are one for the best sessions for marathon training, so might not seem as bad as you think

Slowkoala - hope the visit to the dentist went OK

27/03/2013 at 14:32

Big G - I thought you liked the training sessions at Brunel!!

I'm refusing to go to training at night unles it warms up!

27/03/2013 at 15:19

Lol in for a long wait then VR BBC says mid april before we get back to normal ie ave temps

27/03/2013 at 15:24
Emmy, my son's extra tooth is between is front teeth too! Read your post just before going in but luckily his came out very easily. Ice cream tonight
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.