Shades Marathon Training

60,681 to 60,700 of 66,253 messages
23/04/2013 at 13:35

Just reading back a bit...Bootsie sorry to hear about your injury news.  Not sure what to suggest really, but in a very small way I can share your frustration as I was virtually climbing the walls after an enforced 5 day lay off!  Good luck.

23/04/2013 at 14:48

could i get an email on the plan please shades?

23/04/2013 at 14:56

Hi louise - you need to send a PM to let Shades know your email address so she can mail it to you.

23/04/2013 at 15:29
SHADES wrote (see)

Emmy - yes I'm fine after Wales now thanks. 

Be careful of your knee swimming, but good it's healing, have you had this before

Yep. Never had it before so don't know what it is. It feels dodgy on the side and it's not even on the dodgy hip side. My hip never hurt on sunday either :/ Weird how our bodies can be!

23/04/2013 at 15:42

emmy.. dont do breast stroke.. front crawl or backstroke wont irritate the knee.. you prob know this already!

23/04/2013 at 16:07

I've just had a great time reading back ...what brilliant reports. What can I say, congratulations to all the VLMers  and a massive pat on the back. It's a wonderful feeling after your first mara, grinning and grimacing at the same time! 

Shades - you must be so proud of all the shadies. shame your weather wasn't as good.

Emmy - (()) hope your knee pain disappears

I've got Manchester on Sunday so at the moment I'm keeping an eye on the weather and trying to stay germ-free!

23/04/2013 at 16:29
Me to Molly, good luck and have a good race,
23/04/2013 at 16:37

S32 - what pen are you in & what will you be wearing??

23/04/2013 at 16:41

Good luck for Manchester s32 and molly! Keep washing those hands The weather here is absolutely glorious (near Gatwick airport). Glorious for lounging about that is - 20c.

23/04/2013 at 16:42

Molly did you get that TV thing working in the end? 

23/04/2013 at 18:24

Sofaboy and Rattler - i looked up the pacer I was talking to at the beginning of the VLM. Even splits and finished 1 second after he said he would lol. Amazing!

23/04/2013 at 19:41
Running isn't half an expensive game. 85 pound for a pair of trainers! I need a lie down
23/04/2013 at 19:46

Wait till you've run 500 miles in them and have to do it all over again!

23/04/2013 at 20:08
Shades -do you have angst idea about pacing. I'm trying to figure out what pace i should run Edinburgh at... i have tried to work out how i should do it but it seems like i end up starting too fast and fade in the latter stages...
23/04/2013 at 20:52

Welcome to the newbies - you're in the right place for great guidance and advice - and outstanding support!!

I've just booked the St Albans Half on 9th June - that'll keep my focused   - want to go sub 1.45 if I can - the VLM was just a training run after all 

C'mon Khani and Sofaboy - you know it makes sense - get it booked 

I had a recovery massage today - feel a lot better, but still have heavy legs - great reminder of the VLM though

I had my first pint of Guiness today - first alcohol of 2013 - I savoured it - luvly  

Might treat myself to Apple Pie and Custard later - it's all good 

23/04/2013 at 21:00
S32 and Marathon Molly - feel almost envious of you for this weekend. I hope you both have great races. What are your numbers so we can stalk your progress?!

Welcome to the newbies. Hope you enjoy the training as much as I did. Must be nice to be doing those long runs in the warmer months.

Rattler, I'm tempted by the St Albans half but I think it's a bit soon after the BUPA 10k that I'm doing at the end of May and I really want to get a PB in that. I'm also doing a local 10k in Sept and the Cabbage Patch 10 miler in October. But definitely want to enter some other races over the Summer (not another marathon!).

We have no food in the house and I had to have pasta last night
24/04/2013 at 03:59

hi all have just run the Brighton marathon for the 4th time i have used the training Plan shades sent me way back in 2009 but have to say i have tweaked it some what  over the years the frist time i used it i got around it 4:14:56 four years later i did it in 3:37:09

24/04/2013 at 04:56

what was surprising to know was that 80% of the runners were  training for the half or full shades marathon.

Water damage insurance claim |  Fire damage insurance claims |   Hurricane Damage Insurance

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 04:57
24/04/2013 at 07:07

I will report our uninvited guest Public Adjuster to the forum police...not welcome on here

24/04/2013 at 07:12

Molly - i am very proud of our marathon runners they did so well

Claire - trainers are not cheap but if you find a pair you really like keep looking on the internet and you could pick up the same at a reduced price later on.   The shoes are relaunched every year so they will sell last year's model off.   I bought a pair of shoes last night for £30, £80 of RRP.

Iain - I would advise even pacing as far as possible will extreme control in the first half.

Rattler - you deserve to treat yourself

Slowkoala - LOL at the pasta...washed down with beetroot juice?

Toby - well done, that's a great improvement, you must be pleased with that.

Hill training today, tough

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.