Shades Marathon Training

61,081 to 61,100 of 66,534 messages
16/05/2013 at 07:28

mamafox - that's great news, your speed is returning and no knee niggle

Big G - if I don't make the cut off I have an event in mind that I can do instead to make up the numbers.   Last year 2 guys decided to do their 100th marathon doing a 100 mile event, very risky as when you get to distances in that region things can go seriously wrong.  But they both completed the event.

Steven - well done that's a cracking time, so glad you came back to let us know how you got on.    Look after that back and hope you're back training soon.

Frosty here this morning! Did hill training today, 3 laps, was good session.   I didn't ask VR to join me as I expect she's seen enough hills this week!

16/05/2013 at 08:11

Too right! I'm about to go out for a FLAT run. Bliss!

Morning

16/05/2013 at 08:13

Shades - I'm sure that VR would have come along! Everyone loves a hill!

I decided to just run on feel this morning - cue 4 miles at tempo pace and it felt easy! It all felt great - a few slight aches in my hip but nothing that stretching hasn't helped. It just felt absolutely fantastic to be out there!

16/05/2013 at 08:23

Emmy - no, she wouldn't see posting above!

Good news on the enjoyable run

16/05/2013 at 08:31

Ach! Cross post! Thank you! I cannot tell you how good it felt to be out there. It was starting to rain as well so that could have been a reason!

16/05/2013 at 08:44

Thanks Iain/Shades

my back seems to be on the mend so just going to try a few slow couple mile runs this weekend and see how i get on,hopefully i will be ok )

16/05/2013 at 08:48

Shades - just saw this on FB and wanted to pass it over in case you're interested:

Clonakilty Back2Back Marathons

We're Back!!!

We are delighted to announce that Clonakilty Back2Back Marathons is back again for a second year. 15th & 16th February 2014.

New course (starting back in Clonakilty, running the majority of last year’s course and finishing back in Clonakilty), new medals and newly designed technical t-shirts. 

52.4 miles of West Cork joy.

Registrations will open shortly. Watch this space for further updates.

Clonakilty Back2Back Marathons

16/05/2013 at 10:16

Big G - I thought 3 marathons too.....

Mowzer - aww, lovely to hear about your grandaughter. You'll have to get her sorted in a pram suitable for running so she'll be hooked an running at an early age

Steven - excellent time, well done

Emmy - great news about your tempo run

VR - I love running on the flat!

Shades - I'm now concentrating on the 4.2k race at the end of June in Austria so I'm trying to run short & do speedwork so I'll pick up your plan (for Berlin) at the start of July which is a few weeks into it....do I just pick up from say week 8 or do I start at week 1 and then jump to week 3 the following week? Hope that doesn't sound too contorted....

16/05/2013 at 12:01

Thanks Molly.

16/05/2013 at 12:15

just been humbled by the generosity of the general public. i have a charity collection tin outside collection office at my work and so far ihave raised £420 from that alone which royal mail will double. makes the event that much more fun.

16/05/2013 at 13:00

Iain - do you have any recommendations for charity donations? I'm doing a charity run in July and i'm trying to work out the best way to go about it. My work wont sponsor me (as yet) and they're not happy for me to have 'publicising materials' around the office.

Any ideas?

Molly - How are you getting on?

16/05/2013 at 13:05

steven - hope the back is OK when you go for your run.

Emmy - I am planning to give up doubles/triples and all multiple marathons once July is over but I've said that the only exception I will make is for the Clonakilty Back2Back so a strong probability I will be putting that in my race diary

molly - 4.2k that's an unusual (and scary) distance.

Pick up the training plan from say week 8.

Iain - that's brilliant and very generous of Joe Public.  Good that Royal Mail will match it too.

16/05/2013 at 13:18

Shades - I know that you like your Irish races

16/05/2013 at 13:32

Emmy - indeed I do  Just booked my hotel for the 3 of the 10 in 10 that I'm doing in July

16/05/2013 at 14:28

Emmy - Apart from the charity tin at my office i have spoken to my local and asked the manager if they would help me out but donating a meal for 2 with a bottle of wine as a first prize and a bottle of wine as the second prize and i am running a sweepstakes where people pay £2 for a ticket and they have to guess my finish time. the closest wins etc..My OH is a driving instructor and she is doing a raffle for driving lessons, so i guess depending on who you know or how close your circle of friends is you could do something like that or a carwash. I am assuming you dont live in the UK so you would have to check for permissions. I always have the belief that if help is needed then if you dont ask you dont get. so far i have done of and hope you figure out how to raise the funds.

16/05/2013 at 14:33

Thanks Iain - some good advice there! I'll definitely have a think about different approaches to try as it's a multi day event

16/05/2013 at 14:49

last year i said that if i raised enough i would run in a tutu. well i was the first tutu across the line. was fun hearing people commenting on the fact i had it on.

16/05/2013 at 16:55

Thanks Shades me aswell,its a bit frustrating especially when the weather is fairly decent at times ) am sure it wont take me long to get back into shape once i get going.

17/05/2013 at 07:14

steven - and what do you have planned next?

Iain - LOL at the tutu

Emmy - good luck with the fund raising, hard work.   What sort of event are you taking part in?  You could always make and sell cakes to your work colleagues

Frosty again this morning, but was well prepared in my thermals and gloves so very pleasant run

17/05/2013 at 07:23

Shades - you read my mind! That's exactly what i'm planning to do! As well as selling off my junk food that I no longer eat to hungry colleagues. I made 3EUR yesterday 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.