Shades Marathon Training

61,821 to 61,840 of 66,730 messages
27/06/2013 at 08:18

Emmy - enjoy those hills in Dorset.   I've given VR the magazines for you.

No racing for me this weekend, thank goodness, I have a lot to do at home.   Not going to do a long run but hope to do a Hadd test on Sunday morning

27/06/2013 at 08:25

Shades- if you want me to bring over the Gladiator outfit or christmas tree - let me know Am happy to lend it to you

Thank you for the magazines!

27/06/2013 at 08:35

Morning! Thats a great Christmas tree outfit!
Just had a look at the entrants for Giants Head Marathon. Quite a few of the usual suspects. Really looking forward to it and seeing Emmy of course

Me and Big G went to our club celebration of the 2 Rogers 100th marathons last night. A really good turn out and a gorgeous cake. I'll see if I can get hold of a pic later.

27/06/2013 at 10:40

Shades, please don't take any notice of VR if she tells you I had more than my fair share of food/cake last night.....   

27/06/2013 at 12:40

Good luck to VR and Emmy for the marathon.

Another sports day first this morning!! Felt like I was going to fall over at the end but managed to stay upright. My 6 yo came first in both of his races so a good morning's running all round Just did 7 miles and it's quite sticky out there.

27/06/2013 at 13:05

Good luck Giants Head runners - sounds an exciting one

SK, congratulations on another win - this sports day running can be serious business this time of year

I had a cracking run last night with the club - the person I usually run with wasn't there, so I was brave and followed the faster group - they were very accommodating of the short-legged amateur (me!) and stuck to 8 minute miles, which is a good old stretch for me, but managed to maintain it round a fairly hillly 6 miles, so I came back very happy, and only a small twinge from the ankle   16 miles planned tomorrow, bring it on!

27/06/2013 at 13:05

Emmy - thanks for the offer of the outfits!

Big G - VR and I don't consider that too much cake can ever be eaten. I was supposed to be going to the Rogers's do too but declined as I wanted to go training instead.

SK - did you win your race too?   Your 6 yo is following in your footsteps, and you Dad's too.

Edited: 27/06/2013 at 13:09
27/06/2013 at 13:58
Big_G wrote (see)

Shades, please don't take any notice of VR if she tells you I had more than my fair share of food/cake last night.....   

What about the liquid refreshment!! Lol!

Well done Madbee! Its sometimes good to step outside your comfort zone.

27/06/2013 at 14:00

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/249321/gallery/cake.jpg?width=350

Here's the cake from last night
YUM!

27/06/2013 at 16:35

VR/Emmy - have a good run and a good natter at Giant's Head!

That cake looks very yummy, so which half did Big G eat then 

Shades - how often do you have a HADD's test? I'm not planning on having a tattoo as I'm sure I would regret it later on.

Slowkoala - well done again - and to mini koala

madbee - excellent running - I'm sure the odd faster run really helps improve your pace. Take your 16 miler a bit steadier though! 

Wonderwoman LOL! I wish! The only thing I've got in common with Lynda Carter is that we both wear loads of make-up!

I'm off to Austria in the morning and racing with my sister (4.2km) on Saturday morning. We're going to struggle to make it onto the rostrum but I can always hope no one else turns up. Then it's the IM on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone - back online on Thursday x

27/06/2013 at 18:35

I was actually very restrained, and only had one piece!  That was only because I was in company and didn't want to show myself up!  It was very nice though 

(I was going to use the phrase "polite company" in the above, but I was standing near to VR for a lot of the evening.....).

27/06/2013 at 20:12

Charming! Lol!

Good luck Molly!  Did I miss something? 
Is Molly doing an IronMan???

27/06/2013 at 22:02

Only joking It was good catching up with people, and the turn out was great too. 

I got an 8-miler in after work and it was lightly raining, which was quite refreshing actually. Rest day tomorrow. 

27/06/2013 at 22:58

Good luck to VR & Emmy for Saturday.

Molly - you are Wonder Woman - a 4.2k and then an ironman!!!! Good luck

Light rain here tonight as well, lovely run round the nature reserve. On the way home I saw 4 young  lads (well about 20ish, years not number) trying to climb over the huge spiked gate out of the back of the nature reserve, they had got locked in. One was already over, 2 were still on the inside and one was precariously balanced on the top. I did tell them that if they went back through the reserve they could get out at a turnstile gate near the village. They said it was too far to walk, so I left them to it .

28/06/2013 at 07:13

Madbee - well done with your club run, hope the ankle is OK today for your long run

VR - lovely cake - did you make it?

No molly is not doing an IM (yet), she's going to support her brother....you've not been reading the thread again (that's for mowzer too)

molly - good luck for your short speedy race, I'm sure you'll do well and good luck to your brother

I haven't done a Hadd test for a very long time as I've either been racing or carrying an injury but I'm trying to do only base training sessions as my training but I'm still racing too much.   I want to do a test now to see where I'm at.   If I wasn't racing and just training, every 6 weeks is about right.

mowzer - LOL at you telling the lads that they needn't risk life and limb!

How's your face, healing now?

Very humid today

Edited: 28/06/2013 at 07:14
28/06/2013 at 08:57

Shades - Lol! sorry, short attention span! Dont know about Mowsers excuse
No I didn't make the cake.

Morning. This is who Emmy and I are running to see!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/249321/gallery/giants_head.png?width=350

28/06/2013 at 11:24

I haven't run for two weeks now. Grumpy. Did get out on a couple of bike rides though which was lovely.

Anyhoo - this is a good article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2013/jun/28/lizzy-hawker-friday-flyer-interview?CMP=twt_gu

28/06/2013 at 11:42

Good luck Emmy and VR, and Molly too!  

Thanks for that article Khanivore, incredible!  I can't imagine doing those kinds of distances.  So much respect for ultra runners!

What does a HADD test involve Shades?  I know it's something to do with measuring fitness, but not sure exactly what or how...

My 16 miles went well - gently raining most of the way (apart from a couple of torrential downpours!), I much prefer that to any hint of heat.  Got waved and beeped at a few times, I suspect because not many were braving the weather and I was wearing a very bright yellow T-shirt... Was quite nice to be encouraged

28/06/2013 at 12:09
SHADES wrote (see)

Skippy - I have a beginner's half schedule, PM me and I'll send it to you

PM sent.

28/06/2013 at 13:11

VR - LOL, I hope you and Emmy won't be disappointed when you get there

Khanivore - She's a great runner, have seen her at quite a few events.

Madbee - well done on your 16 miles and getting the traffic to support you!

Hadd test is a measued distance at several different heart rates, useful data to see how the base training is progressing.

Skippy - will send tomorrow when I'm back on my home PC

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.