Shades Marathon Training

62,501 to 62,520 of 66,217 messages
09/09/2013 at 16:31

Emmy, what did you dress as? Where are the pics?!

09/09/2013 at 16:33

Hi Slowkoala - there are a few on Facebook and then a few coming from the 'official' photographer. I didnt take my camera on course (unfortuantely) so there aren't as many as i'd like. This is Weedy and I (Weedy is on the Paris thread)

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/334358/gallery/1240650_908540697010_1004655591_n.jpg?width=350

09/09/2013 at 17:23

Brilliant Emmy! I would like to do that one next year maybe. I haven't done that A20 up and down. Sounds very dull! 

Molly - well done you! Getting stuck in there with the Tri lot. Lol at what your daughter said! very tactful! 

Khani - I was thinking about you recently and wondered where you were. Welcome back. Lets get back to training. I have a lot of work to do to! Your not alone 

09/09/2013 at 17:26

Thanks VR! Can't wait to run again. Looking forward to it!

09/09/2013 at 18:44

Brilliant Emmy!!

09/09/2013 at 19:38

Emmy - you look amazing!

Shades - well done on that ultra, I can't imagine going that far.

VR and Big G - well done on that half!

Molly - enjoyed reading your report, congrats on your triathlon!

SK - horrible news about your break in. Def think dog good idea.

Khani - great to see you... Get your My fitness app on!!!

09/09/2013 at 21:35

So er whilst entering DVM my finger slipped and i am er doing langdale full in a few weeks. Anyone else there to kick me round the hills?

Gonna need something as its been ages since i did a double digit run let alone a marathon one lol.

09/09/2013 at 22:25
I see things are mad as ever in the Shades thread
09/09/2013 at 22:48

Lol! Keith!

I won't be there at Langdale but you can expect a good kicking at DV 

10/09/2013 at 00:33

Great running from everyone this weekend

Molly - loved your report

Did Great Barrow Challenge and had a great time. I remember most of their courses now, so didn't have to bother too much with the instructions. The going underfoot was good (no flooded stream this time of year) and the weather was fine - although rather hot, hot, hot on the first day. Lots of walking as well as jogging but came in feeling relatively ok each day.  . Countryside and the villages we went through were all very calm, peaceful and relaxing. I really like this event.

Emmy - haven't done A20 before but have signed up for this year.

Don't read this next bit if you're squeamish! The scab on my leg from my fall at Kent Coastal is not healing well. Last week every time I bent my leg the scab split open and oozed . After each run it looked like I was growing crystals out of my knee . I've tried antiseptic solution, dry antiseptic spray and lavender oil - none have worked very well. Much drier today but still feels very tight. Any cures?

10/09/2013 at 06:58

Khanivore - welcome back

molly - well done, you did brilliantly and especially your 5k time, very speedy.  

Emmy - no, never done the A20 race, it clashes with one of the best marathons of all, the Cornish

SK - no, I most certainly can't remember every mile of the race, hence why I'm taking a bit of think time before finishing my report.

Keith - no, not doing Langdale this year, doing New Forest that weekend.  I love Langdale but it is a long drive

10/09/2013 at 08:19

Molly - Well done on the tri, is there more to come now ? ...I lol'd at the bike stand bit, on a new bike I take everything off that I possible can and check the weight each time I remove even something like a sticker, convinced it feels much lighter! Bike stand would surely be dangerous on a rocky trail, handy at transition though

Hello Khanivore, get back on it. Have you entered any races as a target to aim for ?

Shades - Great time for a 50, must be so hard to pace & very difficult mentally.

Mowzer - You're just as nuts as Shades, just read up on the Great Barrow. Not sure about the knee, all you can do is keep it clean but being on the knee it will keep opening up, esp when doing multi day events!

Emmy - Great pic , so you don't drink ? and you did the Bacchus marathon..hmmm

Langdale is on my list, just need to get round to booking and doing it, never falls on the right weekend for me. Have done a fair bit of Mountain Biking round there so know the area quite well.

10/09/2013 at 08:30
Keith M Stuart wrote (see)

So er whilst entering DVM my finger slipped and i am er doing langdale full in a few weeks. Anyone else there to kick me round the hills?

Forget langdale... New Forest is where all the cool kids play!

mowzer wrote (see)

Emmy - haven't done A20 before but have signed up for this year.

Don't read this next bit if you're squeamish! The scab on my leg from my fall at Kent Coastal is not healing well. Last week every time I bent my leg the scab split open and oozed . After each run it looked like I was growing crystals out of my knee . I've tried antiseptic solution, dry antiseptic spray and lavender oil - none have worked very well. Much drier today but still feels very tight. Any cures?

That's a reason in itself to do it! I'm just trying to plan it.

RE: The oozing knee - have you made sure that there's nothing still in there? like a piece of dirt/stone? Are you keeping it covered or well aired?

KingKenny wrote (see)

Emmy - Great pic , so you don't drink ? and you did the Bacchus marathon..hmmm

Oh - I drink! But I was driving home straight afterwards and i dont drink and drive. I did Medoc last year and got very very merry. It was nice to actually do the course and enjoy it. There are some beautiful trails around Guildford/Dorking.

10/09/2013 at 08:37

Nah Langdale is where the macho men play :P Worlds toughest road marathon my t shirt says. That and its the godfather steve edwards 600th marathon too

Now naturally i now have a bloody sore throat.... still should vanish before a round roadford 15 miler on sunday. Although golf at some point before hand with the brother could be er fun.

11/09/2013 at 07:12

KK - Langdale is a wonderful race and the race organiser is a real character.

Keith - Steve will be combining that with the 10 in 10 annual dinner on the Sat night.    Have you put an entry in yet for the 10 in 10?

Chilly this morning for my run, wore a vest and I was too cold.

11/09/2013 at 07:19

mowzer - I skipped past your post yesterday when you said about your knee and then forgot to respond !

Maybe you need a dressing for your knee.

Did I ask you if you'll be at New Forest?

This is the reason I love to go to Ireland to run....this is from the race director of Connemara

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/17848/gallery/cnmemailimagecopy_131521.jpg?width=350

11/09/2013 at 08:03

Best not tell Shades, but I went out for a 9-miler at my target half marathon pace last night.  I know this is against the plan and isn't particularly helpful but it was a bit of a confidence booster after the weekend, so I was happy

11/09/2013 at 08:18

Big G - that's OK, I'll let you off.   But that means your next half marathon I will expect you to get that PB, doesn't it?   Can you find one to do before your marathon?

11/09/2013 at 08:32

Ha ha - I walked into that one  On the right course I'm sure I can dip under 1hr40 but as I haven't actually done it, as they say, "talk is cheap".  I don't currently have any other halfs planned before the marathon and when I last looked a couple of months ago there was nothing really suitable/driveable.  In fact, I was vaguely thinking about dropping Dartmoor Vale down from the full to the Half to have another crack at it there, but I know that it isn't really the best course for a PB and I'd like to see if I can do the marathon anyway.

11/09/2013 at 08:59

Shades - No i cant afford that yet Best wait another year then its in the affordable realm. More popular now so probablyt harder to get in as they'd be more likely to go for those who can get mega sponsorship than me. Besides i am still under physio instructions you know. Still gotta do my stretching and next review date is week after DVM.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.