Shades Marathon Training

66,381 to 66,387 of 66,387 messages
Today at 13:06

Think I will do either Manchester or Roadrunner, Did manchester a couple of years ago good course and very flat   The 17 laps do appeal to me but the course is very exposed so have a bit of a concern that there would be no rest bite form adverse weather 

only just seen this

Following the cancellation of the Sheffield Half Marathon event on 6th April 2014, Stourbridge Water Direct Limited and The Sheffield Marathon Limited have reached an agreement in conclusion of all matters arising under which a contribution will be made to The Sheffield Marathon Limited for distribution to each of the nominated charities. No further comment will be made by either party.

If I was the boss of the water company, I can not see me paying out if I had done nothing wrong, likewise the stick that the sheffield committee have had, if they are not to blame I would be singing from the roof tops,   so still as clear as mud to me

Today at 13:10

Lee - I haven't done Manchester but I believe it's a good fast course.  

There's also Milton Keynes, early May, again I haven't run that one but I believe it's quite a fast course.  

Halstead is usually the 2nd weekend in May but can be warm and it's more an undulating course than flat.

Worcester I've run once, I think it was 2 laps and slightly undulating but I had a good run there.

There's also Stratford, Great Welsh and Taunton all in April.

Today at 13:14

S3200H - seems that the Sheffield incident is very mysterious, probably best to move on, nothing to be gained by more mud slinging.

Really cold here today, I've had the heating on in the office until noon

Today at 14:09

agree Shades, just keep checking to see if anybody is going to take over running it. be a shame to lose it  

Today at 14:43
SHADES wrote (see)

There's also Milton Keynes, early May, again I haven't run that one but I believe it's quite a fast course.  

I hated Milton Keynes. Lots of small climbs as you go up and under the underpasses. it's pretty fast though. You risk the weather. One year it was raining hard the next - really hot.

Today at 16:09

Thanks for the suggestions. I had made a note of Manchester, MK and the Roadrunner. I'll add Worcester and Halsted to that list. 

MK would be a no brainer for me with the finish in the footy stadium and good friends in MK, if only the course were more interesting. I got my HM PB there and although we didn't take in many underpasses it wasn't the most interesting course. For 26 miles I think you need some sites.

Today at 16:50

Lee - they may have changed the course but from what i remember it's:

housing estates

roads

roundabouts

housing estate

roundabouts

A lake

roundabouts

Stadium

It's not a bad race and the organisation has got a lot better. I also know the pacers that do it and they're all top notch and worth their weight in gold.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
66,381 to 66,387 of 66,387 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.