Shades Marathon Training

66,501 to 66,505 of 66,505 messages
Today at 07:04

S3200H - I think Emmy has 'seen' Khanivore on FB, we need to get him back on here and get him to do some training (if he's not been running)

Iain - LOL at the banner, your poor long suffering OH

Lily - you may well surprise yourself at GNR

mamafox - a boa constrictor I would have sprinted off.

Keith - would be good if you could make dinner at Chester

SK - what a performance re the bike, not very encouraging to get folk to cycle, you'll have to write to Boris.

I've not had any problems with RW site but it's often a bit wobbly and seems more so when I'm using my phone.  I wrote a long post at Dublin airport and lost the whole thing, most frustrating.

Jugula - good luck with tomorrow's run.  

I've cut my run short this morning as my foot is sore again.   Yesterday I didn't have a single twinge and noticed later that the swelling seems to have all gone.  But when I woke this morning it was a bit sore but still no swelling so went out for my run, pain level up to about 2.5 but wasn't happy so cut run short and came home.  I will rest tomorrow and then assess on Monday, may have to DNS Dingle

mamafox - no it's not an injury I've had before but I have had the odd twinge there when starting a run now and then over the last few months, but literally for a few seconds.  

Edited: 30/08/2014 at 07:18
Today at 07:58
Mamafox - I didn't consider 10 miles on flat ground a tough cycle for my son but that might be me basing it on my ability. I'll take him out on shorter runs till I know he can keep up..

Shades - I guess it's a good thing my OH loves me and the promise of relaxing in a spa helps.

Next Sunday I have organised a fundraising event for myself to help with my charity cycle end of September. I'll be setting up a static bike station with a turbo trainer, (outside the BHF store) and with help from a local bike shop who will donate the equipment for free advertising, I'll be on the bike from store open to store closing. Thankfully its Sunday hours but that would have to replace my LSR for that day.
Edited: 30/08/2014 at 08:00
Today at 09:59

SK - I've just had to Google Boris bikes - didn't have a clue what you were on about!

The snake (Could actually have been a python - didn't hang around to find out) was round a man's shoulders as he was trying to drum up interest in his circus. Not sure what he was planning to do with the llamas though.

Jugula - Good luck with your long run - a scenic route sounds like a good idea!

Shades - That is annoying regarding your foot. Do you know what exactly you have done? - I mean is it a "recognised" injury or anything?

Iain - That sounds a long time on a stationary bike  good luck to you there.

No running for me today. I have a 10.4km race tomorrow in which I always end up half dead at the end so am hoping that a day off will make a difference (Yeah right). This year they have decided to hold the village fête at the same time as the race. Should be interesting! 

Today at 13:04

Very nice 15 mile round Ladybower this morning calf seems fine after a couple of days rest. 

Iain great idea with the banner 

Shades perhaps you should try sending him a pm see how he is

Today at 19:26
SK glad you got your son's bike back but what a hassle.
It is my first GNR. Amazingly got in on the ballot the same year as VMLM! I think half is my favourite distance. Feel quite relaxed about it. Need to sort logistics of the day but tend to leave that to long suffering hubby. We will be going up in the morning. It is a bucket list run, probably just once
Good luck in your race tomorrow MF

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
66,501 to 66,505 of 66,505 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.