Shades Marathon Training

66,521 to 66,523 of 66,523 messages
Today at 07:13

Iain - that's good news on the legs

Big G - Exeter park run would probably be better for your achilles as more even and flatter ground.  

Keith - well done on your double and your PB at Boston.   Try a long life milkshake maybe next time

Moore - I've never done Kent but I know it has a reputation for either being hot or windy!

SK - my Mum has a touch of arthritis but didn't get that until her 80's.   You can develop arthritis in joints that have been damaged/worn and my feet have done a few miles!

LOL at not being able to choose which shoes, have you had both models before?

Short run for me today and I had a great run but I could still feel my foot, a constant dull ache, probably a level 2.   After I got home foot a little sore after I took my shoe off.   

My guru advisor asked me yesterday if I could go out and run 15 to 20 miles over a hilly hard route, when I said 'No', he said that's the decision made and I should DNS Dingle.

I will make a decision tomorrow but it looks like I will have to cancel Dingle.

Today at 08:18

Shades - Yeah i usually get Tesco's but never shopped til i got down to MK and its a Sainsbury's there so theres is shorter life stuff.

Today at 09:05

Thanks SK, I have my fingers crossed for the 9th, but we'll see how it goes.  If I can run pain free that will be brilliant and it will be nice just to get back out there.  It seems a bit weird putting a running plan together that says "Tues: 1 mile.  Fri: 1 mile", but I think that's what I have to do at this stage.  If I get to the end of that week having ran a total of 5-miles pain free, I'll be very happy and that will be considered a success in my eyes!  One step at a time, and all that.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
66,521 to 66,523 of 66,523 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.