Shades Marathon Training

67,261 to 67,269 of 67,269 messages
Yesterday at 09:18

Not sure what you mean by the extra off road bit Shades ,you must mean the bit at about 6 miles in where it's just down a landrover type track. That was one of my favourite bits but far too easy to go way too fast down there and forget you still have a long way to go. Should be in Llanberris around 5 today to collect my number.

Enjoy Chester Lilly, very nice City.

Good luck in Dublin Shades, been a long time since I've been to Dublin.

It's easy to get spooked by weird things in the woods at night, amazing how your tired legs find another gear though  

Pickled Onion Monster munch...mmmmm, shop near me sells them and also the space raiders.

Yesterday at 09:57

Good luck in Dublin Shades! I'll be at Beachy and Stort this weekend so a weekend of differences!

Yesterday at 10:47

Doing a double with Beachy! , good luck with that no idea what Stort is..off to look it up.

Yesterday at 11:23

Hey Kingkenny - stort 30 is a 30 mile ultra along the stort canal in bishops stortford (I think its in Herdfordshire)?

Yesterday at 13:27

Jugula - hope the dentist has got back to you and you can get some pain relief soon

mamafox - you're only craving Monster Munch as you can't get them in France!

That must have been really spooky with the deer calling to you.

Still mild here, 14 degrees when I drove to work, but it will change soon I'm sure.

KK - yes, that's the bit I mean.   I used to love the long climb up to the top by the YH , then 9 miles of gentle downhill and flat, but that's all changed now.

This will be my 13th Dublin marathon

Emmy - good luck with your double, hope somebody has shot that idiot with the bagpipes, sounds like he's strangling a cat.

I guess Stort should be flat then?   Hope it's not too windy at Beachy, can make those hills even tougher in the last few miles.

Yesterday at 13:37

Emmy, you're bonkers! Have a great double.

MF, LOL - you're living in the culinary capital of the world and craving caramel waffles and Monster Munch. What next, pot noodles?! Those stags are quite scary when you're close by. In Richmond Park, people go really close to them and they don't seem to notice. My son took a selfy with one who was bellowing at another stag!

Yesterday at 13:50

BTW, saw a girl running in these yesterday, very odd:

http://mcbrooklyn.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/springs-on-your-feet.html?m=1

Yesterday at 14:18
Saw the dentist, got infection so anti biotics for a week then extraction on 10th November, had option of root canal filling, noooo thanks!
Yesterday at 14:42
SHADES wrote (see)

Jugula - hope the dentist has got back to you and you can get some pain relief soon

mamafox - you're only craving Monster Munch as you can't get them in France!

That must have been really spooky with the deer calling to you.

Still mild here, 14 degrees when I drove to work, but it will change soon I'm sure.

KK - yes, that's the bit I mean.   I used to love the long climb up to the top by the YH , then 9 miles of gentle downhill and flat, but that's all changed now.

This will be my 13th Dublin marathon

Emmy - good luck with your double, hope somebody has shot that idiot with the bagpipes, sounds like he's strangling a cat.

I guess Stort should be flat then?   Hope it's not too windy at Beachy, can make those hills even tougher in the last few miles.

I'll let you know.... Yes - stort is completely flat so should be a nice use of different muscles. I'm using my trails (brooks asr's) so should be nice.

Jugula - ouch! Hope the antibiotics kick in soon

Slowkoala - i've been chased by a stag in Richmond Park! They're fierce in breeding season

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
67,261 to 67,269 of 67,269 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.