Shades Marathon Training

67,581 to 67,584 of 67,584 messages
Today at 07:03

Khanivore - there's quite a few of  us going to do Windermere in May, how about joining us there?

You'd better get some flippers in case that ultra route is flooded again.  

Great to hear you've got your long run training pace sorted out now

SK - there was a mild note of panic in your post there about that P & D training plan!

Lovely run this morning, ran under the subway where they were still finishing the night work slotting another piece of the flyover into place, amazing to watch.  The workman gave me a cheery wave as I too was dressed in dayglo yellow and there is often that camaraderie when we're all up in the early hours of the morning. 

Edited: 22/11/2014 at 07:04
Today at 07:08
Hmmm tempted Shades!!! Will take a look but it's quite soon after Paris.

I've started p&d a couple of times and guess what I end up falling back to. The good old Shades plan lol. I know it, love it and it just works. Maybe 2015 will be different
Today at 07:13

Khanivore - it's about time you did a marathon that's got a hill or two in it

You must have a training plan that suits you, so you could write a hybrid one

Today at 07:58

Morning folks,

Heading for parkrun today. Going to be very wet & windy! I can hear the wind gusting outside my window; often it'll be quite still here, then breezy at the beach. 

Shades - no marathon plans next year at present, but hanging around here that may change! I decided that the focus is the sub 20 5k, and if I achieve that I'll set a new goal. I definitely want my next marathon to get me a GFA time for London as I've given up on entering the ballot and would like to do it once. I believe it's the only proper marathon - all the others must be shorter or something! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
67,581 to 67,584 of 67,584 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.