Shades Marathon Training

67,861 to 67,862 of 67,862 messages
Today at 08:53

Well done Iain and Mowzer on your runs, and Jugula for getting through what sounded like a tough race.  I hope Khani is fine too.

anniesophie, well done for being tail runner and also thanks for your comment.

Thanks everyone for your continued thoughts.  I'm prepared for today in that I have printed out the questions I want to ask, and I'm also taking a notebook and pen.  Linda is taking a notebook too and I called her yesterday and she is going to be an observer rather than actively asking questions, which is fine.  I prefer it that way really, rather than us both firing questions at them as that could get confusing.  Also, in a way I'd like the consultants to lead the meeting as I'd like them to do most of the talking, but we'll see how it goes.

As you know, Claire was a teacher.  I've arranged to see 5 of her teacher-friends tomorrow.  We're going up to the church where Claire and Jay are, and then over to Cockington to see the tree, after which I expect we'll go to a tea shop there for tea and cake  I have't seen them since Claire's funeral, so it will be nice to catchup with them.

No running from me for 3-days for one reason or another, but I hope to get out this evening but I'll see how I am after the hospital.  The club are doing their "mince pie marathon" this evening, which is a 6-mile run stopping off at club mate's houses for a mince pie and port which is usually good fun

Today at 13:14

Big G - I hope the meeting with the consultant goes as well as can be hoped for.

Mince pie + port, then run...then repeat, good luck with that.

What a lovely idea to meet with Claire's friends tomorrow.

Still no word from Khanivore so I sneaked a look at the results and he finished.

Not heard anything about Les P, the runner who collapsed, as it doesn't appear to have hit the press I'm hoping that's good news.

Off to the canteen now for the Xmas supplier's draw, hope I win some chocolates.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
67,861 to 67,862 of 67,862 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.