Shades Marathon Training

68,141 to 68,144 of 68,144 messages
Today at 13:16

SK - quite a demanding schedule but you seem to be coping quite well, tiredness is the curse of the distance runner

At least if the weather's bad you'll be able to get some workout done in that gym, amazing value

I hope I do inherit those genes, not sure if I'd be able to do a marathon at 94 though, I'd get an invitation to London if I was still running at that age.  My Mum used to walk up to 5 miles a day until she was about 84 or so, she had a fall and broke her ankle then and never got her confidence back after that.

Thanks Emmy - is this your weekend 'at home'?

Today at 14:16

Shades - Yep A hopefully relaxing weekend! I've got the quad starting next Thursday so we'll see what happens! i'm hoping the weather improves slightly!

Today at 16:43

Enjoy the rest Emmy.

sk - Likely the treadmill speed isn't accurate if it felt that fast for you. Your schedule sounds tough.

Happy Birthday to Shades mum , 94 wow. 

Thought I was going to get told off for playing footy ,all good. Did 3 miles last night and I think\hope it's just tightness rather than any damage. I may book in for a massage.

5 to go to make the 100 , so a parkrun with a mile before/after will be ideal.

Have a good weekend all. Off to the cinema tonight, not been for years. Going to see Kingsman, wanted to see American Sniper but the times don't work.

Today at 17:28

KK - a friend of mine has a part in Kingsman.  She has described it as a "blink and you'll miss it" part, but she is quite excited.  She is on a lot of adverts these days, and I think probably the biggest thing she was on was Dancing On Ice 2 or 3 years ago, when they had an advert in each ad-break to promote the show via a toothpaste brand.  In the advert, she was the girl who had a lot of male admirers, partly due to her pearly whites  I am 99% sure she's on a current M&S ad at the moment.

Anyway, enough of all that.  Happy birthday to Shades Mum.

I've been away in Falmouth for a couple of days and have picked up a bug.  I'm feeling pretty ropey so haven't ran today, and probably won't run tomorrow.  I have an entry for a 5-mile race on Sunday, but I'll see how I feel.  I did run 4-miles yesterday (it was supposed to be 8, but I cut it short as I wasn't feeling right) and 6 miles the first day I was in Falmouth.  It was a lovely route around the coast.

The funeral arrangements for Steph have all be sorted for next Friday.  You may remember that I had a break to Bruges booked, so I've changed the plans for that (now only going for 2 nights as opposed to 3), but I obviously want to be at Steph's funeral so it was a no-brainer.  I toyed with cancelling the whole break, but I still feel I want to go so just amended the booking instead of cancelling.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
68,141 to 68,144 of 68,144 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.