Shades Marathon Training

68,381 to 68,383 of 68,383 messages
Today at 07:21

SK - you could try just a piece of tubigrip, even a bit of light support can help especially when you're not running so maybe not wearing such supportive shoes.   Double up the thickness of the tubigrip gives a stronger support.  I use a stretch self sticking type bandage, I get mine in the pound shop!

Anniesophie - maybe time to find another Spring half marathon.  I'm doing Hogweed Hilly Half at the end of the month but not a PB course more like a max HR test, great race though.

Big G - LOL at the eggs, bet the dog can't wait to visit you again!

Jugula - LOL at the lurcher and the curry!

You must have felt awful doing that long run, I'm not going to tell you off as I think you've suffered enough.   But next time you're ill, rest.   But you'll bounce back and you will soon be feeling fine again.

Getting brighter every morning by about 5 mins, I love Spring, just need it to warm up a bit.  After months of my foot getting better and barely a twinge since Christmas, it's a bit achey this morning.

Today at 12:24

Keith - well done on your Grizzly . Didn't you opt for the hose-down at the end?

annie-sophie - well done on completing your half , even though you weren't enjoying it . Your time was still very respectful so you shouldn't feel too bad about it.. 

S32 - camping out in this weather???

slowkoala - I don't usually get DOMS (cross fingers). I like a hot shower as soon as possible afterwards, then an hours nap with feet raised on cushions. I also sleep that night with feet raised. But I don't go anywhere near your speed and I think that might have something to do with it. That's not to say that I don't feed tired

I did have sore calves after Mill Hill marathon on Sunday - but it wasn't the muscles, it was my skin!! There was SOOOO much mud it plastered my legs from toes to knees, dried out and got wet again each time we went round the 5 loops  I stupidly picked off the larger dried lumps at the end - and suffered for it afterwards in the shower . That must rank as one of the muddiest (if not THE muddiest) runs I've ever done. Lots of thick, slippery, gloopy (and sometimes smelly - there were farms around) mud which was quite deep in places. It was sometimes less risky to 'run' through the dirty stream cascading down the middle of the track.  And at one point a very large completely water-logged field! I know how the winning guys go so fast - they lapped me a couple of times - they just 'float' over the ground and their feet barely touch the mud. Hmmm - that doesn't exactly explain how they get mud splattered all up their backs while lesser mortals manage to keep that bit relatively mud free . Anyway there were also some parts on drier paths and a bit of road work where we could at least make an effort to go a bit faster. I managed to take a wrong turning once ( my own fault - my eyes were so fixed on the ground just ahead that I missed the tape tied to the bushes ). That was on the 2nd lap and I also kept thinking 'I don't recall this bit'. Had to back track so added about another 10 - 15 mins. Lots of the usual suspects, well stocked water stations (2 per lap), really good weather , lovely RD and her wonderful family - so I guess I actually enjoyed it . Turned the 2nd to last corner near the end and saw 5:57 on my watch, so I did a sprint finish (helped as it was slightly downhill, but hindered by a family spread all over the pavement - I had to hop out into the road and back again)and my watch time was 5:59:55, so hope it was under 6hrs!

Today at 13:06

mowzer - you don't half find some challenging events, that sounds like a really tough one, especially with the mud burn

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
68,381 to 68,383 of 68,383 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.