Shades Marathon Training

68,661 to 68,664 of 68,664 messages
Today at 09:32
Have a safe journey to Wales, Shades. You sure rack up some miles with all your races.

I tried the track again yesterday but the inspectors still hadn't been so I did the reps in the park instead. Didn't manage 5k pace but the effort was there and it's done, so that's the main thing. MF - that was the last proper session really before next weekend. I've already started buying high carb stuff from the shops - jelly babies, Jaffa cakes, pasta and malt loaf but had forgotten about the caramel wafers! Hope your daughter gets home safely.

Beautiful day here so frustrating not being a run day. OH is doing a 10k route so I'm meeting him at a cafe. 8 year old has gone skydiving for his friend's bday party!(It's the indoor kind I think).

My bursa bump thing is still there but not causing any pain yet. I booked a GP appointment for next week so thank I can get it lanced after the marathon. My dad said I should lance it myself with a needle and then tape it up but I'm opting to just leave it as I think it might start hurting if I mess around with it.
Today at 10:16

Mamafox - the Great Welsh marathon is quite a low key affair, very friendly.   2 laps in a figure of eight so you get to see the other runners, on tarmac (and a bit of gravel which I hate!) but it's footpaths/cycleways so no traffic.   Very scenic as it's by the sea and a friendly event

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW_ZMQ3bpO-SHg84JV_UWxSho40sqH5YM7UYQJRl0XfkauMHRpBQ

However last time I did it the rain and wind made it quite tough in the latter stages as it's so exposed, hopefully will be a bit better this time.

Stick with your shoes if you have no injury problems.

SK - annoying that the track inspection hasn't happened yet, not so easy doing reps in the park.   Is that your last speed session?

I've lost count of the number of Saturdays when the weather is lovely and it's my rest day as I'm racing the next day.  Lovely here too but cold east wind.

If you lance your bump, no matter how careful you are you could get an infection and then it wouldn't heal in time and no matter how well you tape your feet the strapping can come off or move.  I think you're doing the right thing by waiting until after VLM.

Emmy hasn't checked in, still waiting to hear how she got on at Paris.

Food shop done, off to the library now, then home to pack.   Signing off now until probably Monday morning.

Good luck to all racing this weekend.

Today at 11:20

Indoor skydiving.... 8 year old boys....  

SK don't you dare go anywhere near that bump with a needle. Sit down and start eating your way through those carbs.

Shades - Thanks for the photo - can't seem to find a proper website on the race. It looks lovely (I was getting it confused with the one that starts from Tenby). Sounds like a good PB course too - weather conditions permitting!

Edited: 18/04/2015 at 11:21
Today at 22:06

Looks and sounds lovely that Shades, should be ideal weather tomorrow as well.

Shame about Ireland.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
68,661 to 68,664 of 68,664 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.