Shades Marathon Training

69,161 to 69,163 of 69,163 messages
Yesterday at 09:00
Sounds a good decision Keith.

ET, I've read that book as well. I got quite a lot from it but even now hunch my shoulders up when I'm tired or not concentrating.

SK, it must be a difficult balancing act as he's obviously excited to get a PB, but you're right that enjoyment is the important thing. Has he got slower friend he could run with occasionally, for enjoyment?
Yesterday at 17:34
Agree with Big G, Keith, good decision (I struggle with anything over 10k in this weather!)

Yes, agree (again with Big G!) re the shoulder hunch thing. I've noticed that whenever I finish strongly in races, I look v upright in the pics, but when I struggle I look hunched up. I think when you are upright you can breath in more oxygen, so it helps from that perspective too.

I thought about getting my son to tailrun with me soon, so he can just enjoy running at the back and having a good chinwag.

Summer League 5 mile race in Perivale this morning. Was a bit apprehensive as this is where there was a huge industrial fire last night which took 100+ firemen to put out all night, but luckily all the smoke had gone. Scraped a 7-sec PB, with 32:40 and 1st lady. Had to miss the relays which was a shame but we had arranged to meet up with OH's family for lunch.
Yesterday at 22:31

I overexerted that much i was hot pretty much all thru the night too and being that it was barely any cooler today i er stayed in bed today I know it was still hot as i ambled up to Waterstones and back again after acquiring a bunch of sciency books.

I caught the sun that well btw that were i was wearing my normal watch there is actually a redder bit next to it where the sun reflects off of the metal boosting the burn factor on that area.

Rather warm to sleep here tonight but i think i am gonna have to shut the window as its like being in the middle of a bloody fast and furious film here.... Unlike usual (its always full of cars whizzing around at speed) they be playing music loudly....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
69,161 to 69,163 of 69,163 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.