Shades Marathon Training

69,401 to 69,403 of 69,403 messages
Yesterday at 16:30

Hi Shadies, sorry to have been AWOL for a few days, I'm looking forward to the kids going back to school this week as I'll have more time to run and talk about running! Congrats on the marathon Jugula - glad the achilles is OK. And congrats on the clean house MF Well done too to Big G for the PB and 20 miler and to Mowzer on great running as always. Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Shades - glad you are doing OK. Hope your boss appreciates you. Don't let him make you take those days as holiday. Lovely to see a kingfisher on your run, I never see anything so exotic!

Not much to report here. I did the trail parkrun again but only managed to knock 3 secs off from the previous week. Not many people have run it, so I was aiming for the female record but was 2 secs too slow. In my usual parkrun, where I sometimes volunteer, they had the fastest time across the UK, with someone (a Somalian named Mo!) running 14:43!! I managed 17 miles on Sunday which is the longest I've run since VLM. I'm running in a relay race across the Thames this weekend - I'm a bit concerned as we have been told to carry a map!! (I have no sense of direction). Hoping to get one more run over 10 miles done this week before the Great North Run.

Yesterday at 18:57

Well done Jugula .  Which marathon did you do?  You know we want a race report  .

Shades - hope things are ok and work not too stressful.

Big G - well done on your long run. Are you going ahead and doing the marathon?

I've lost track of what races Shadies are doing and when !!  

Yesterday at 18:59
Mowzer, was the Thames meander.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
69,401 to 69,403 of 69,403 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.