Shades Marathon Training

70,321 to 70,327 of 70,327 messages
Yesterday at 07:50
Shades - I am surprised how pleased I am with that time.. I thought I would be disappointed it wasn't a pb but I wasn't trying for one. Got a very busy couple of weeks ahead so have to make any runs count as I don't think I'll get out Everyday. Got to try get more long runs in and focus cause London is approaching fast..
Yesterday at 08:01

Great racing results there everyone.. well done!

Cal - 18mths off.. eeeek! Just one month is feeling like forever right now 

Shades - I don't think you need to worry about doing push ups with all that gym work you are doing. I am rubbish at push ups and are having to repeat some weeks in this programme I am following. 

SK - That was one speedy child - most annoying. Bet that bloke was being pulled by his dog too. LOL at me getting a six pack - absolutely no chance of that happening. I have also found a "100 pull ups" programme which I intend to do and have asked OH to put up a bar somewhere for me. He fell about laughing until he saw the stony look on my face and realised I was being serious.

Yesterday at 09:17

I have a pull-up bar. Usually I use it to dry my Bikram yoga towels.

I can currently do three chins, though.

Yesterday at 11:34

Shades, yes there is a bit of a hill on it, which we had to do twice.  But the race starts and ends at the same point, so what goes up must come down  It's a slightly different route from when I did it in 2014.  It used to start and end on the River Exe, but now it starts and ends at a square in Exmouth, and it's one long loop and then one slightly shorter loop.

I think they must have had bad weather as all along the seafront was a large amount of sand, and the runners were running in the tyre tracks made by cars.  Like you say, it's a good race though.

Found out I was part of a Vet40 team which won a prize too, which was the icing on the cake.  It's the first prize I have won in running.  No idea what the prize actually is yet, as I wasn't able to stay for the prizes.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/465898/gallery/fulfords_5.jpg?width=350

Anyway, I think I've talked enough about what was just a 5-mile race!

I do have an entry for a Half marathon next weekend, but I'm not going to do it.  The foot is a bit tender this morning, so I don't think racing a Half is wise at the moment.  Also, the organiser has said I can defer the entry to next year, so that's what I'm going to do.  I have another Half in March, so if I can I'd like to give that one a crack if the foot is okay.

Yesterday at 16:52

Hope those of you in the SW are surviving the weather. It seems oddly calm here at the moment, but we had a massive storm late last night and into the early hours which everyone is talking about in the office today.

BigG – a prize – how exciting! I saw pics of Exmouth on the news this morning and it said the beach had got considerably bigger as a result of the wind blowing the sand over the road.

Shades – thank you for the new paces (especially the predicted marathon time!) I think I'm pretty much doing that at the moment as I was at the top end of the previous paces, although my tempo runs could do with being a bit quicker. I did a 5 mile tempo run on the treadmill today at 1% incline and it felt really hard but the pace for the tempo miles was a bit slow. I suspect either my pacing on the treadmill is out or the incline made it harder than usual.

I know there are quite a few autumn marathons but I quite fancied defending my 3rd place in the Middlesex County Marathon championship (said tongue in cheek since there were only 5 of us in it!) I'm waiting to see if I get a place in the GNR before thinking about what I might do in the autumn. I got another "no" on Friday from the Royal Parks Half ballot. One of these days I will actually get a place in a ballot.

Mamafox/Cal - I am rubbish at pull ups and push ups, I think I have an inherent weakness in my shoulders but have never really done anything about it. Should add it to the long list of areas I need to work on. But first comes hips and glutes…

SK – beaten by a speedy child? How dare they! I know the sewage works you ran past, I can imagine they are a bit whiffy at the moment. I was v pleased with my splits, although you can see every 3 miles when I hit the headwind I lost 15-20 seconds on that mile. Have you got a slightly easier running week this week? Last week was brutal!

SystemJ – I definitely get a boost from gels, but I use them sparingly and only when my training runs get past 15 miles or so. I did have one during the half at the weekend and I really noticed the difference around 10-15 minutes after I had it. How much of that is a placebo effect, I don't know but it works for me.

Yesterday at 17:28

Louey - That tempo run probably felt a bit tough as it's only just after your stonking half marathon performance!

Big G - Well done on your race, glad to hear your foot seems to be ok too.

Cal - That's three chins more than I can do - I'm going to be starting on the negative chins (where you only have to lower yourself down )

Just noticed a bit of a typo in my last post - the pull up challenge is not for 100 pull ups but.. *cough* .. 20 

Yesterday at 22:52
So glad to have a rest day today, that storm Imogen sounds brutal!

Well done on getting a prize Big G. Shame you have to miss out on the HM but good that you can transfer.

Mamafox - 20 pull ups is still 20 more than I can do!

My schedule this week seems even worse than last week, with midweek runs of 12, 10 (with 6 at LT pace), 7 and 5 miles. I really don't have time to work or look after kids aswell! My oldest is turning 16 a week today and has a school 'prom' this week that I've had to buy him a suit for. Proms seem a bit early for someone who hasn't yet taken GCSEs! I'm trying to do him a phtobook but he was born pre digital cameras so it's a real pain scanning stuff.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
70,321 to 70,327 of 70,327 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.