Shades Marathon Training

72,061 to 72,062 of 72,062 messages
Yesterday at 15:50

Shades, yes I'm hoping the run leader role will go okay.  I need to plan some different 6-mile routes from the club house.  I've asked to be put on the social runs to start with, as the continuous runs tend to involve the leader running back and forth along the group to make sure no one goes too far ahead and no one gets lost.  My first two sessions are the day after a Half and a marathon respectively, so I just want an easy run out for my first sessions  The chap who organises all the training sessions (which is a big job, in itself!) is very proactive and also very accommodating, so he was fine with that.

Yesterday at 18:05

Afternoon folks....

well I have been a little lax with training since my long run last Thursday,  plus We arrived in Scotland yesterday so been a bit busy too but I got out for a very comfortable 6.5 miles today and it was so nice running in the clean air and cooler temperatures. I was able to get some pace back in my run where I averaged 6:35/mile. I'm going to do a few more runs like that and then do a long run on Friday. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
72,061 to 72,062 of 72,062 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.