Spring Half Marathon Training

541 to 541 of 541 messages
Yesterday at 17:16

I've ran the half distance before in training for two previous races and have been fine, this time, it's really hanging around. Went for a slow run last night, did 3.5 miles at a plod and it felt ok... ish.

A mixture of just a dull ache (you know the sort, you know its there, but you can block it out) and not being there at all.

It's still feels today (feels a bit like it has done before) and I've been stretching it and going on my foam roller - but it hasn't really been doing the job.

The half is next Sunday (4th May) so I'm unsure what to do... do I try and get a few runs on it prior to the race, or just rest it in the hope that it's okay to start the race.

If it starts hurting during the race then so be it, just don't want to screw up my chances of a sub two half.

I hate my right hamstring!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
541 to 541 of 541 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.