Stalled / Regressive progress

4 messages
02/01/2013 at 17:51

Hi All

Hoping for some advice. I have been running reasonably frequently since October 2012 (3 times a week on average) and at the end of November was clocking around the following distances:

Run 1 - 6-8 miles at a 80 pace

Run 2 - 5/6miles at a 80/90% pace

Run 3 (weekend) - 10 to 13.1 miles, 13.1 in 1:55

Over the christmas break I took some rest and relaxed my training / ate some mince pies and drank some wine, but i only put on 3 pounds and it was only a few days of indulgence, however there was a period of about 9 days that I did not run.

Now I am trying to get back into the swing for the new year, and am hitting onstacles, my long runs seem to now be about 8 miles max, and my in-week runds more like 5 miles. I don't feel any different, but cannot seem to get the same distance through before becoming exhausted

Any ideas what might be going on!? - I have a 10 mile road race on the 20th January, and a half marathon on Feb 18th and I am now very worried that I am not going to hit the distances!

Tom

cougie    pirate
02/01/2013 at 17:53

Maybe you're running everything too fast ?  80% sounds quite hard to me ? Is it a chatty pace or are you pretty much out of breath running at that level ? Just a notch or two below race pace ?

02/01/2013 at 18:27
I would say I could hold a panted conversation
02/01/2013 at 19:13

Too fast.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.