Starting a training schedule early

3 messages
19/04/2011 at 17:50

I am hoping to use the P+D 55-70M per week training schedule for my first marathon in October.

The schedule should start on June 13th (18 weeks) but I was thinking about starting it 2 or 3 weeks early to add in a couple of extra rest weeks and be able to stick to it better as I would end up missing some of the training sessions once the football season started again in August (watching not playing). These sessions would likely be the Sat or Sun - I would make sure I did the long run but the session scheduled for the Sat may be missed.

Would it be better to do this or to just miss the sessions out that I couldn't do and just do the rest?

Thanks, Dean.

19/04/2011 at 18:01

what do you think?

19/04/2011 at 18:25
North London Runner wrote (see)

what do you think?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

I'm presuming the starting it early would be best, which is why I'm thinking of doing that but not too sure if taking a step back week at the 'wrong' time would affect my progress more than missing the odd run.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.