Stitchin', stitchin', stitchin' the night away...

1 message
Psi
31/10/2002 at 00:45
I ran home from work tonight - a distance of almost exactly 5K. I decided to give it some stick in order to test out my new shoes. For the first 3K or so I was fine, running smoothly and fast and being highly pleased with the shoes and my time. I was actually well on course for a PB - I'd ran two miles in almost bang on twelve minutes and still wasn't anywhere near giving my all.

Then: AAAAAARGH!! It felt like someone had stuck a chainsaw in my abdomen. The pain was agonising - I had to stop. It subsided and I set off at a slower run.. half a mile later... AAAA! Back again. I tried the usual tactics - touching toes, breathing methods, etc - but this was a stubborn one, and didn't want to go.

I ended up adding at least 4 minutes to my time by having to stop and walk, etc, and so came in in 22:34. Not that bad a time - but hardly the 18:0-something I was on course to get. Grr!!

I hate stitch :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.