Strengthening Exercises

5 messages
04/10/2012 at 17:49

During the winter months, and whilst my son is having his swimming lesson, I intend to use the gym. I rarely get injured and so I'm not really looking for injury prevention exercises but would like to advice on what sessions I can do in the gym which will help me to become a better, stronger, and faster runner.

The gym doesn't have a huge amount of equipment. It has some weights, a leg curl machine, rowing machine and some other upper body equipment.

I would really appreciate some advice on what exercises I should be doing.

Thanks

04/10/2012 at 18:51

Plyometric jump squats - but you don't exactly need a gym for those.

04/10/2012 at 18:54
If you use the search tool and look for resistance training or similar. There are loads of old threads on this subject.
05/10/2012 at 13:38

Back squat

Deadlift

Bench Press

Chin up

Forget machines and don't go near any exercise that attempts to 'isolate'. Heavy ass compounds re the way to less fat, more muscle and strength/power.

05/10/2012 at 13:51

Cheers. Thanks for your replies.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.