Sub 25 - and beyond!

261 to 280 of 9,102 messages
12/01/2007 at 18:30
typical thread hopping behaviour;)
12/01/2007 at 18:36
ooooh tracey,
it's not safe to mix threads!

(Hipps you have supernatural powers on that front - don't know how you do it.)

Anyway Hipps whaddyer mean 'relearning how to run" Re- learning the way you always have, or learning a new way (sort-of.) BTW - I get NYT online too and saw that article. Yes. Result. But does depend on underused resource of common sense.
12/01/2007 at 18:39
Its called being a doley sharkie;)

I mean-getting back to my usual running style-instead of running like a spastic(used in its literal medical sesne)
so that means drugs

The NTY article was posted on the othr running website i go on
12/01/2007 at 18:54
Drugs. Chronic pain. It's not good. Needs sorting. 'Harumph - so you're tellin me!' I hear you cry. Assume the drugs are painkillers? There must be a solution missis?

Can't believe how great the spinal rotation thing felt today. I've been a bit norty and neglected the bendy stretchy side of things. Probably because I think I can get away with it (being genetically lucky in that respect) and think I need to concentrate on strength more than suppleness - but that way madness lies. Or injury.

12/01/2007 at 19:00
sharkie
I had to go and sit down after I read all your weights and exercises:-)) I, personally, think it's easier to run 9 miles (like I did today) rather than such a hard session, like 'what' you did!!!

I love spinal rotation and do it most days, but then I don't have your natural flexability.
12/01/2007 at 19:01
sharkie
that IS the solution(got a massage booked next week too)

spinal rotations are great
today wee wwre doing them with one leg bent up on top of the other
12/01/2007 at 19:13
Hippo

Is that a sports massage? I am having one next Wednesday. You will probably here me in Brum.
12/01/2007 at 19:14
well, my therapist has promised no pain
she is a forumite

so------
12/01/2007 at 21:23
Hipps
What's the name of that rotation pose please?

There's a lovely upper body rotation/opener I suddenly thought of doing tonight. Lie on side knees bent and stacked one on top of the other, arms extended palms together. Won't go into detail - but it's like opening a giant book. Has to be one of the nicest stretches going. Peeps in my classes loved it. (Take advice if you've got disc probs. Well that's what I was taught to say!)

Tracey
How was your Pilates class? Did you enjoy it?
12/01/2007 at 21:46
Hi Tracey,

Just checking what you lot are up to ;o)

Animals are well and happy. (I think)
12/01/2007 at 22:03
Benz
I presume you are having a massage from Tigers Mate roo. I would trust her with my life.

sharkie
thankyou for reminding me of the arm opening exercise, I need to do it.
12/01/2007 at 22:07
Hi Spud
We are up to running 5ks here - your sprinting knowledge is most welcome.

I have been so busy g*****g the m****s in this past month my strength training has got a little left behind. Hence all the hammer curls today. It would be grim indeed if the track season arrived and I had the upper body power of a budgerigar. No offence to the tiny blue and yelllow feathery lads intended.
12/01/2007 at 22:11
sharkie
dont know the name
may be part of the crocidile sequence

dont know enuff abouy Yoga yet
I will

ceal

TMR has promised no pain
12/01/2007 at 22:19
Hipps
Could be written on a postage stamp what I know about yoga really - just that many Pilates exercises are similar or borrowed from.

I think you're hooked.
Well..... duuuurrrrr.

TMR! She was so nice and helpful to me when I first posted last summer. How brill that she will give you a massage. Here's to you TMR.
12/01/2007 at 22:22
well yes
pilates has borrowed a lot form Yoga-and then added more, i am sure

TMR and i had a most interesting discussion when she took me down to the south downs mara

we have a bit in common
12/01/2007 at 22:22
of course not running
12/01/2007 at 22:31
yeah lot from yoga, and dance and sport. It's constantly evolving. Well, that sounds poncey! As you know I don't just bang the drum for Pilates. Bit mad getting toooooo evangelical about anything. Enthusiasm good. Fanaticism bad. In my book anyway.

And what book is that sharkie?

Sharkie's Short Book of Wisdom.
(good reading matter for budgerigars or other bird brains)

12/01/2007 at 22:37
doesnt sound poncey at all
Yoga evolves too

but i may become fanatic

Its just too good

itsalmost-well-feck it-Ill say it-better than running
12/01/2007 at 22:38
oops. Nearly forgot.
3.25 miles today. Felt ok - ie legs not too tired - so did a no watch, no HRM, take it easy, round my manor tonight. Kept it short and sweet because i have promised friends that I will do a club run tomorrow and that means a 6 mile bike ride first.
12/01/2007 at 22:39
HIPPS!

RIGHT TO TELL!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.