14/01/2007 at 22:44
I would like a run without pain

bit fed up

goodnight
14/01/2007 at 22:47
(((Hipps))) - sleep tight! x
14/01/2007 at 22:50
Hipps
You've goodnighted on a sad note. Still pain? Not suprised you're fed up. Can't say anything of use or cheeriness to you. Wish I could.
xx sharkie
15/01/2007 at 10:00
Hi everyone. I am back from Helsinki where I managed to run twice - it's a glorious city for running with bits of lake and river and sea all over the place.

Hippo - sorry to hear you are hurting. Spose you're still running every day?

Pammie - it sounds entirely sensible to concoct a 14-day running sched to fit in with your 14-day work sched. If you're trying to do a long run every week you could perhaps cut back to once a fortnight. And of course get lots of rest - sometimes just one good night's (or day's) sleep is enough to turn the running around...

Hello sharkie, Kazz and anyone I've missed.
15/01/2007 at 10:01
morning
yes, pain gets you down when there isnt a respite

its only been 3 weeks as well

ah well, onwards and upwards

thanks girls
x
15/01/2007 at 10:38
Know that one Hipps! Did you manage to get a massage booked? Do you think you should see a fizz?
15/01/2007 at 12:00
Morning

I've only been up half an hour
and i wasn't working last night

going out soon to spend some money and have a bite to eat in my favourite place
;)
15/01/2007 at 15:52
Pammie
Hope by the time you read this you will be feeling better than yesterday. Bit of rest, bit of retail, bit of bite... should do the trick

Hipps
Oh Hipps, what can we do for you? Sweet FA it seems.
Is it this week you will see Tigger's Mate?

Chouette
It's great to have you back. Is the Paris Half on the 11th March, same day as Hastings? Mr. Shhhhhh has upped his training to 2 runs a week. There's dedication!

I did have a cut back week as you and ceal suggested, but it ended up being 26 rather than 20. The next two weeks will be a bit tricky-ish as I juggle London, Hastings, dental appointments, 2 birthdays, 60 plus miles and a yellow bin bag.

Oh, and the little matter of earning my living which is what I should be doing now .....
15/01/2007 at 16:48
Sharkie

yep feeling a bit better

Got a few bargins spent just over £20 saved nearly £70.

Had a salad some chicken wings
will have something else shortly before work
15/01/2007 at 16:52
I'm sorry!!

I am so rude.

Chouette did you have a nice time
15/01/2007 at 17:19
sharkie

I am on day one of a diet. For every 1lb I lose, I can go 10sec faster. That is a lot of weight to lose to get sub 25mins.
15/01/2007 at 18:22
Tracey
You can't have much weight to lose - and you have great legs! If you were depending on those multiples of 10 seconds per pound to get faster then I would be a bit worried. But you are getting faster through training (and racing).

Chouette and I have discussed the lose that last bit of weight get faster issue. As you know she is probably the lightest runner on the whole website! Like most women I think "hmm just a few more pounds, a couple of minutes off my times." But it's bloody hard work getting slightly - but not unhealthily - underweight - because that's what it would be I suppose.

Are you following an actual diet? Or just watching what you eat a bit? I find sometimes small extras can creep in unnoticed until the old jeans feel a bit tight....

Having said that, running is the only thing that has - almost - ended the war between me and my "sprinter's" (read hefty) thighs.
15/01/2007 at 19:08
sharkie

I need get rid of the pounds to be able to wear my swim wear on holiday.
15/01/2007 at 19:25
sharkie, even when I lost the 2.5 stone about 18 months ago (going down to a slight 8) I still had thunder thighs. I swear that the time I should have spent in the boob queue was spent in the thigh queue! ;o(
15/01/2007 at 20:19
Kazz,
You sound like me! How on earth can someone who takes a small size 8 have gi-normous thighs? Behave!

But I have been there. There is very little correlation between my actual size and shape and my idea of same. Although at 53 and a lot I am beginning to think it's about time I made peace with my body.

Anyway I bet you HAVENT got thunder thighs.
Miss Speedy!
15/01/2007 at 20:22
Oh I really have got the archetypal pear figure and an awful lot of cellulite.
15/01/2007 at 20:24
And as for you
Tracellina G

Are you sure it's not just a bit of toning up that's neeeded? The Pilates will help with that - or perhaps you could do a few of Kazz's abs exercises if it's your middle you're worried about. I bet you'll look fabulous in your swim wear.

15/01/2007 at 21:41
No run day today.
Just a quick bike ride (7 or 8 miles) to the dentists and back.

Mix and matching the advice I have been given means that this is the plan: another month of miles for me. It is very hard to be patient and those miles take so long, but I will do it. I will attempt to do 30 for 3 weeks this time and then cut back for a week again. So just a mini speed session this week. If I start feeling glum and ploddy then I will allow myself some 100s as a treat!

I am relying on Chouette for the proof that base miles work. No pressure then Chouette!
15/01/2007 at 22:01
sharkie

How did you get on at the dentist?
15/01/2007 at 22:11
Slightly better news. I'm not now going to have £6000 worth of implants, and bone grafts and sinus lifts and all the other stuff I can't afford anyway.

There has been this inexplicable - by anyone at the practice - OVER a centimetre of bone loss round my very back molar. I've got to lose the tooth but that should stop the gum disease. I won't go into any more boring details. It's bad but not as bad as it was on Thursday.

Anyway perhpas it will give me high cheekbones!
On one side.

Old Hollywood stars were reputed to have all their upper back teeth taken out for that glamorous wasted look....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.