Sub 3:30 Stevenage Marathon 2 November

241 to 244 of 244 messages
15/10/2014 at 06:13

Cos i didnt do it last sunday

15/10/2014 at 06:16

I havent really got a pacing strategy, other than to just plod along at, hopefully, just under 9 minute miles.

15/10/2014 at 15:27
Why don't you start off aiming for 3.15 pacing, then if you don't hit that move to 3.30. If anyone tries to give you advice on your pace you could ignore them. When it turns out you are blowing you could re-adjust to sub 4 hour pace. Then just be happy to finish.

In all seriousness pick the most even timing you can and hold back and do not get carried away at the start. The best advice I ever got was a minute gains in the first half of a race is two mins lost in the second half. Since I employed the strategy of forcing myself to run slightly slower than I want at the beginning my times tumbled.

Hope you get whatever you are after.
20/10/2014 at 16:12
Look up the macro pacing calculator. It will have you run the first 3 or 4 miles about 30 seconds per mile slower than intended pace, then have you run at intended pace until Mike 20, then if you can manage it, it encourages a fast 5-6 miles to the finish. Looks amazingly sensible and seems to go along with all the latest scientific study findings.
Actually: www.feelrace.com/fr.pl?th=_Marco
Edited: 20/10/2014 at 16:13

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
241 to 244 of 244 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.