Sub 50min 10k/Sub 1h 50 half marathon

2,041 to 2,043 of 2,043 messages
02/02/2016 at 23:59

Hi Bob, I'm aiming for 4 hours in Paris, but as you say it's a bit of an open book as its my first attempt. I'm still finding it hard to get my head around running 26.2 miles although last Sunday I managed 16.5 miles in 2:50 with 1000ft of hill climb which I was pleased with and I ran a 12k race two weeks ago in 55:33 which I was more than pleased with. I have been trying to run as often as I can and clocked up 138 miles for January.

AndyS2 I'm on Garmin connect and Smashrun if you want to share( username farmerfreds)

03/02/2016 at 07:43
Welcome Aspirant and thanks! Sounds like the training is going really well for Paris. I'm also on smashrun - will try to send you a friend request!

Andrew- thank you! Well done on building your mileage back up, it can't have been easy Sounds like a good plan to use a park run to test things out.
Today at 15:40
Really tough week but managed to get through it!! Last Sat I did my first 20 miler, I'd already planned a difficult route trying to mimic the Boston course, with tough uphill and steep downhill right at the start, and killer hill at the end. Of course, it was that day with the extreme winds (which always seemed to be against me!) so it was pretty challenging

Monday 11 miles with 10 X strides, Wed 10 miles, Thurs 6. Today was 16 miler with 12 miles at marathon pace (8m35/mile). Found it very tough towards the end, constant heavy rain not helping but at least no winds! But got through with average pace 8m34 for the 12 miles, pretty consistent except for mile 13 @ 8m55 but that was all uphill

Absolutely shattered now! Next week is a bit easier with mileage (supposed to be recovery week) although I have Hampton Court half next Sun. Will probably try to aim for 8m10-15/mile pace - assuming I run a bit longer due to weaving etc (say 13.5 miles) that won't get me sub 1:50 but hopefully still a good PB. Will see how it goes, I also have Surrey Half 3 weeks later so could always push a bit more on that one with another few weeks of training behind me!!

How's everyone else getting on? ????
Edited: 13/02/2016 at 15:41

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,041 to 2,043 of 2,043 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.