Sub 50min 10k/Sub 1h 50 half marathon

421 to 430 of 430 messages
25/07/2014 at 23:03

blimey matty, thats pretty hardcore, i think you may need to start think about graduating to the overdone it thread, as you're a little too fast for us lot;)

easy 10k for me today, was planning a parkrun tomorrow but its too hot, so i'll go for a cycle instead

nothing to note on the wildlife spotting, i assume they're all hiding from the sun too!

Edited: 25/07/2014 at 23:03
26/07/2014 at 17:08
Nice work Matty. Love those 1000m intervals. Perfect distance for our speed. I usually start to really hurt in the last 100m. Third interval always feels good and I'm glad when the sixth is done. I warm down with 9:00/mi and that feels unbelievably slow.
27/07/2014 at 08:59
4mi @ 11:00/mi. first outing in 21days. Hopefully I'm back.
28/07/2014 at 14:51
TheDan wrote (see)

blimey matty, thats pretty hardcore, i think you may need to start think about graduating to the overdone it thread, as you're a little too fast for us lot;)

If only I could hook them all together!

How was everyones weekend running?

I did an inaugural parkrun (Blandford) and it wasn;t the most interesting route, but it was OK. I started out hoping for a PB but soon realised my legs hadn;t recovered from the Intervals I did 14 hours previously!

12 slowies yesterday including some decent climbs.

Good work getting back out there Tim, any niggly pains?

28/07/2014 at 20:57

Had a bit of a rest weekend, managed to slightly mess up my session today, instead of  8x 2.5 min intervals with 90 seconds recovery I ended up doing 10x2 min interval with 2 min recoveries, oops! 

Was a nice session though, not sure if it's a bit cooler or I've just adjusted to the heat

acp
Yesterday at 13:21

14 miles on Saturday including 6 at marathon pace just to see how it felt - it felt tough! Marshalled at local parkrun then did 4 easy miles on Sunday.

Tempo run yesterday(my birthday treat!). Not sure if the heat was a factor as I run very early in the morning but the last 2 miles out of 5 at tempo pace were a little bit slow. Shan't worry about it too much! Hilly 8 miles this morning - looking forward to essy 4 tomorrow.

Matty - what recovery did you have on those 1k intervals - I've got that session on Thursday and wasn't sure how long to give myself. I usually have 2 minutes off mile repeats so I was thinking a bit less than that?

Yesterday at 13:29

17 miles on Saturday in the heat was not fun, just glad to get them all under the belt! Bit of respite this week down to 13 miles for LSR then kicking it up to 19 the week after.

My speed is not at its best but the endurance is probably as good as it's ever been.

Yesterday at 14:55
Matty - it felt tight and a bit sore on Sunday night but the proper pain has gone. Yesterday I could feel it when I stretched. Today I'm pain free and haven't thought about it at all.

Tomorrow will be 7miles.
Edited: 29/07/2014 at 14:55
Yesterday at 19:30

oh i forgot to mention, on yesterdays run there was generally little wildlife, barring a horse that had wandered out of a nearby field and was following a family down the road, they were looking pretty worried!

Today at 10:02
acp wrote (see)

Matty - what recovery did you have on those 1k intervals - I've got that session on Thursday and wasn't sure how long to give myself. I usually have 2 minutes off mile repeats so I was thinking a bit less than that? 

I just did 2 minutes. It was the right amount for me, I was totally spent by the end of the 6th rep.

Conversely, I really struggled with the 4 x 1mi repeats I did a couple of weeks ago off of only 2 minute recoveries and was considering upping the recovery to 3mins for them!

Tim - Good news.

The only wildlife I tend to see are chavvy yeovilites with cans of special brew. Not quite the same thing!

15/10/5 minute tempo run tonight. Upping the ante somewhat, expecting it to be very tough but should be a good 5 degrees cooler than last weeks successful run.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
421 to 430 of 430 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.