Sub 50min 10k/Sub 1h 50 half marathon

561 to 569 of 569 messages
27/08/2014 at 13:07

Come on Rich, chin up!

27/08/2014 at 13:25

Just kidding Bob... I've actually bought new trainers since I've been injured!

28/08/2014 at 22:20
Cheers guys, yep 5k on Sept 10th hoping to go sub 21, fingers crossed!

Blimey Rich, still on the injury bench? That's rotten luck
Yesterday at 13:09

Hi,

I am running the Wolverhampton 10K a week today, I am still fairly new to races and wondered if anyone had advice on a last week taper ?

I ran 9 miles yesterday (Saturday), I am having a rest today and was planning below for next week - any advice welcome

Mon - 5 mile Tempo (incl 3 mile at race pace)

Tue - Rest

Wed - 5 miles easy

Thur - Rest

Fri - 3 miles easy

Sat - Rest

Su - Race

Yesterday at 13:30
Hi John, that sounds perfect to me but I would make the 3 miles on Friday very easy (a recovery run), 2 miles would be fine too. Good luck!
Yesterday at 13:34
My rehab going well, 8 miles on Wed at 8m45/mile pace, 3 mile recovery run on Thurs and 15 miles yesterday @ 9m25/mile pace.

Easing back into marathon training schedule! Tomorrow is 10 mile with 6 at half mara pace. Crossing everything for the GNR a week today
Yesterday at 14:23

Good to hear you are well and truly back in the race Nicole! Our twinned running career continues - I did 15 at 9.40 pace yesterday! I would say I'm about the same place as I was at this stage pre Madrid.  There is a tough 10 mile race locally next Sunday which I will do to give me a better idea of current fitness (1:27 last year). Quite keen to get my first 20 miler in and will probably do that (at 9:50 ish pace next week).

Good luck for GNR. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience no matter what your time is. However, I think a PB could well be on the cards despite your recent interruptions. 11 weeks to go to Valencia!

Yesterday at 15:48
Great work Bob and good luck for next week! I was supposed to do my first 20 miler the weekend after next (yesterday was meant to be 18) but think it's probably going to be a bad idea as too much of a jump. Definitely don't want to get injured again! So will prob just go for 18, which means I'll only have 2 x 20 milers before Valencia. Hope that's enough! It's suddenly seeming a lot closer now
Today at 03:06

3 weeks after running 1h28mins on a flat HM course... on Sunday I ran 1h25mins on an undulating HM course. 2 and a half minute improvement.

I have a Marathon in just under 3 weeks time and I am  hoping to improve upon my sub 3h 10 min time. Maybe sub 3h 5 mins is possible. 2 weeks after Sydney Marathon I am running a HM race on a flat course. 1h23mins for HM may be a possibility.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
561 to 569 of 569 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.