Sub 50min 10k/Sub 1h 50 half marathon

1,401 to 1,404 of 1,404 messages
Yesterday at 14:02
Haha, must admit the carb loading is my favourite bit! Dan, you may be about to take my gold marathon slot, but is there any chance we could add a new 'Carb Champion' row into our medal table?
acp
Yesterday at 14:24

Good luck Nicole & Dan.

I ran Paris at the weekend. Didn't get the result I was after but did get a 9 minute PB with a time of 4:33:28. I also have a 5 mile PB of 39:45 and a new half PB of 1:52:13 for when the table gets updated again!

Going to do some HR training before trying some shorter distances. And I still need to get that elusive Sub 1:50 half!

Edited: 17/04/2015 at 14:26
Yesterday at 14:53
Welcome back acp, haven't seen you for a while! Well done on all the PBs, especially Paris! How did you find it? It was very hot last weekend, very glad it looks a bit cooler for Manchester. Don't worry, I'm still in the fast decreasing minority who haven't yet made that sub 1:50! Am determined to get there but it's a tough nut to crack
acp
Yesterday at 21:09

Hi Nicole. I've been busy on the P&D thread! The Paris weekend was great, the marathon not so much! It was a bit too warm and too congested which meant a lot of weaving. But the course was good - flat and plenty of sightseeing to be done on the way round. However, I was disappointed yet again with my inability to hold a decent pace for longer than half the distance and think I need to go back to the drawing board and try and improve my aerobic capacity. I will be trying to stick to shorter distances for a while which is going to be easier said than done. The marathon is hard to resist!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,401 to 1,404 of 1,404 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.