Sunday 10th December 2006

1 to 20 of 85 messages
10/12/2006 at 00:00
Unlucky FL, hope you recover quickly.

Well done BR and Hilly.

What: Nothing
Why: Weekend of rest and family time.

Taking children to the cinema for the first time today!

Should be fun;o)
10/12/2006 at 00:03
Sorry missed you - get well soon RFJ, hope the work do was good.

Hollywood - swimming in poo, reminds me of that scene from Trainspotting - 'worst toilet in Scotland'

Scoobs - enjoy the R&R good one's don't come along that often, there's always tomorrow for a run:o)
10/12/2006 at 00:12
Lyrics: No
What: XC 5.3 mile race
Why: winter training for strength
Last hard: Wednesday
Last rest: Friday
10/12/2006 at 00:36
Lyrics:
'to hurry up and arrive, 'cause if I gotta spend another minute with you, I don't think that I can surely survive...' YES!

I'm praying for the end of the swelling and bruising at this point, but it feels a lot better at the moment than I thought it would, although that could be the painkillers!

Yep, a spring marathon is what I'm hoping for, provided I get lucky at the club's FLM draw on Thursday (although I've not been that lucky this year)!
10/12/2006 at 01:52
Hope you're all sleeping tightly now,

What: Nothing - just riding to the triathlon race and back and watching all the crazy people racing!!!
Why: 39 degrees outside
Last Hard: Last weekend
Last Rest: Thursday

Ouch to those twisted ankles, dangerous sport that cross country stuff!!!
Some good results to the others though!
NZC hope whatever upset you has passed now.
10/12/2006 at 01:53
Thanks for all the positive vibes re my 5K and the advice from the Uni peeps, looking forward to it. I have two supervisors (PhD), reckon I'd better get a meeting set up with them for the new year before I start.
10/12/2006 at 04:07
Morning all,
Hope you enjoyed your ride RHGDUnder.

Paul - www.gbrathletics.com/bc/wal.htm

AF - I just had a little hissy fit - I'm very sensitive - I know how to dish it out, but not that good at taking it:-) I'm absolutlely fine.

What: Vet track - 3000m 12.44, 1500m 6.06 - will have to check the official results when they come to hand. It was great to have another W55 in the races. She whipped me! I sat on her shoulder for the first 4 laps of the 3000m and then thought she wasn't giving it her best effort, so went past her, only to get passed again and had I had no sprint left in me. Sat with her again for 2 laps of the 1500m before she showed me how it was done:-)
Off for a nice dinner out, so that should be good.
Forgot to say - highlight for me yesterday was my W45 friend who I'd helped get her last few weeks marathon training sorted and helped get her head around the fact that she was better than what she'd done before, broke 4hrs for the first time. Her husband rang me and he was thrilled.
K9
10/12/2006 at 06:13
morning all.

Think I'm first up this morning on this side of the globe!

Well done in your track races NZC.

RHGDU - 39 degrees for a triathlon. Eek!

Good luck Stickless :o)
looking forward to the report

What: 5 miles or so before work
Why: trying to build up my miles to something semi-reasonable again before the end of the year.
last rets: Wed
Last hard: Friday
10/12/2006 at 07:15
morning,

Tom, i don't get to see Malcolm very often but next time i see him i'll pass on your regards. Don't know him that well but he strikes me as a decent chap.

hope the turned ankles start to calm down today.

will up the training to 4 miles or so today. Nice easy jog up the canal path.

Seems weird to "up" to 4 miles, but there you go.

Got first XC next sunday which isn't going to be pleasant, but i'm desprate to turn out for the club, even if i'm no where near form.

Good luck to anybody racing today.
IronMelissa    pirate
10/12/2006 at 07:23
Morning all,

great cross country reports yesterday (but ouch, FL!) - great guns Hilly for winning and the third lap.

Congrats to your friend NZC - I haven't broken four yet but that's partly because I shifted focus, I think. I'm thinking about trying to break four for the first time in an IM marathon, but that might be a little too much of a stretch!!

What: long ride, probably inside
Why: schedule and severe weather warning
Last hard: getting through yesterday
Last rest: Friday

Good runnings all - and good luck all you racers!
10/12/2006 at 07:54
morning,

commiserations to RJF and FL on the XC inflicted ankle injuries, hope you're both back on your feet without lasting damage.

nice performances from micksta, hilly, BR

great track runs NZC, you need to paste that girl next time. well done your friend in her marathon too!

coming along nicely paulI, good luck for next week

looking forward to race reports later, good luck everybody. conditions look set to be a bit testing

what - 3rd borders league race, prestatyn
why - club league
10/12/2006 at 08:13
Morning All.

Well done in the track races NZC. Its years since i last raced on the track.

5 1/4 miles into work this morning at 0535 and another 5 1/4 miles back to the car this afternoon. That should see me right for the day.

Maybe a local 6 miler next week.

Good Runnings everyone.
10/12/2006 at 08:27
Morning,

NZC, summer track racing (mmmm.... lovely), well run.

What: 3.5 mile warm up, 20 x 1/4 miles (set off every 2 mins), 3.5 miles warm down
Why: Hoist up the VO2 Max

Last hard: Tuesday
Last rest: Thursday

Have a goodly day.
debbo    pirate
10/12/2006 at 08:48
Morning

Congratulations on yesterday's xc performances Hilly, BR and Micksta

Stickless - I hope you do well today and are pleased with your result!

Mel - I'm glad I did my long ride yesterday - the wind is howling here and it's dark and rainy. Yesterday was windy, but gloriously sunny.

What: a run with 2x20 minutes at 10k pace followed by a turbo spin set
Why: schedule
Last hard: last weekend
Last rest: monday

It's my oldest's 19th birthday today. I won't ring her till the afternoon as she was out clubbing with her mates. Makes me feel old! We're having a family meal tonight.
debbo    pirate
10/12/2006 at 08:57
Forgot to say:

Lyrics: yes. I saw them back in the days when they were still a support band in Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. They were great (and the reason I went). The main act were ELO who I don't like.
10/12/2006 at 09:14
Stickless, good luck for today.

10/12/2006 at 10:24
NZC - Nice times, beyond me at present!

What: 7 miles in 57 mins
Why: Sunday run with club
Ultra AJH    pirate
10/12/2006 at 10:28
Yes good luck Stickless.

Hope ankles are better soon RFJ and FL.

What: 5 miles d&d
Why: so I could get back and open my birthday pressies!

Got some lovely bike gloves with all nice padded bits and stuff. Going shoping in a minute as I want to look in decathlon.

Have a good day all.
debbo    pirate
10/12/2006 at 10:31
Happy birthday AJH!

200 - oh dear, you'll still be ahead of me. I reckon I won't be doing more than 6 today - this is my yesterday's run, swapped for a bike ride.
10/12/2006 at 10:36

What : 12miler wit tri club - done and dusted - along the canals/rivers off sheffield
Why : cause
Last hard : y'day - helping out at Round Rotherham trail race and running back to back relay legs - cause the guy i was handing over too - chickened out!!!!

Off to work now - got couple off personal training appointments then working in the gym late this afternoon - and taking spinning class at 4.30 for 60mins off pain there are going to work tonite!!!!!
1 to 20 of 85 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.