Sunday 16th August 2009

21 to 27 of 27 messages
IronMelissa    pirate
16/08/2009 at 20:26

Afternoon all,

been awol for a few days with the DIY: we finished the kitchen just in time for the parental arrival and it looks fab. All red and beautiful. It meant running took a back seat, but my mara's not until November, so that's ok. I managed 5 on Monday and 3 on Saturday morning, and then:

What: 12 miles easy
Why: long runs building up
Lyrics: of course

Joe- wow, that sounds like a great long run.

Gobi, good to see you building the miles. 

Nice to see Hilly's been in: must read back.

Good runnings all.

SGQ
16/08/2009 at 20:59
Two words - Usain Bolt!!!!
16/08/2009 at 21:16

Stickless - sounds like good use of a day. Hope the back doesn't give you too much gyp.

Some good long runs going on.I hope to be back to it soon - if not Abingdon is going to be painful!

Des -I got it  I think you'll enjoy the GSR,I did it in my first year back running, well organised, flat and fsat - depending on the wind. You're doing some long training runs for a 10k though - what else do you have in mind?

Hi Tectona.

IM - you're making me feel guilty,I keep meaning to start some decorating but don't seem to get round to it..............did manage some hedge trimming this afternoon though, though I'd better get it done before I've finished recovering and restarted training.

RFJ - ouch.

Gobi - glad to hear that the return to running continues successfully.

That's it - my memory capacity has now been exceeded - sorry if I've missed anything/one.

16/08/2009 at 21:20

Bolt was fast!!!!

Anyone hear if Paula Radcliffe is giving the Marathon a shot. I think she was running in NY this weekend and it depended on how that went?

DD - Bad luck. I thought we had the monopoly on fookers like that in this part of the World.

TT - http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0816/tipperary_limerick.html Have a look at this. Tipp looking good - I'm beginning to think that you's have a real chance. 

Nice run Joe.

16/08/2009 at 21:29
Hi Little miss happy

Bolt was incredible, really enjoyed that race, to hear the commentators state "bolt believes he can achieve a 9.4" after tonight's performance the relative ease in which he won. Would you doubt this ever happening ?

Paddy Murray 2 - i've heard no news on the marathon next weekend, i did hear she won the half marathon and the foot held up well. if the event is on a track, surely she would be ok to run. i am confused by where its being run.
16/08/2009 at 22:17
Evening

Des - Thanks thin i am back but am not counting any chickens but it all looks promising

Paddy from what i've heard she's flying in to Berlin where she'll discuss things with her coaching team depends how her foot holds up in the next few days providing there is no delayed reaction. She'll probably make her decision within a few days.
Though i don't relish the idea f a marathon in the middle of the day

Tectona - race will be on the roads of Berlin not sure of the route though
16/08/2009 at 22:37

Here's the theory LMH, did a 42min 10K in April on the back of 25 miles per week training whilst here last trip. I've now doubled the distance,plus more. Trying to build strength and stamina to make it all a little easier and bust the 40 minute mark. Also booked for a 1/2 Marathon trail, Saab Salomon @ Rivington ,19th Sept. That won't be a fast race due to the course but whatever the time it will be a PB, I don't have a 1/2M time! GSR is towards the end of October so might fit in one more race sometime midway. Warrington 1/2M is 5th Oct so that could be on...we'll see how the body holds out.. I'll be back to work by mid November but "Hell Up North" holds some appeal before shipping out!

Edited: 16/08/2009 at 22:49

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.