Sunday 16th June 2013

21 to 33 of 33 messages
Blisters    pirate
16/06/2013 at 17:16

Run. 3 laps of the park and local roads. Amazingly I’m straight into running. No jelly legs. I thought I’d cooked them on the bike. The back however, is not in good form. After a couple of miles I stop and curl tight, and this seems to help. The first lap is bouncy and chirpy, and I’m still passing loads. The second lap is still bouncy and chirpy up to a point. That’s the point that wheels started to fall off the wagon. Gels, fluids, you name it, I tried it. JFDI. Tick off the miles. Lap 3, the same 4+ miles. Boy there were long. Being overtaken now. Wishing the miles away. Feet heavy and sore. Mental plans to speed up in the final 3 miles are revised. Revised plan to speed up in the final mile is revised. Even the 400m plan. I manage a 100m push for the line with much YAAAAARRRRRing.

Instantly I’m given my timing splits. It looks like I blistered the tarmac.

Blisters    pirate
16/06/2013 at 17:27

Full results are here (race number 365) http://www.dbmax.co.uk/assets/results/1389/original/113.html?1371390419

swim- 42:28 (I was expecting 50 mins) swim ranking 528/630
T1-       6:09 (told you)
bike-  2:48:43 ranking 388/630
T2-        2:48
run-   1:48:14 run ranking 211/630 (I'm better than that).

16/06/2013 at 17:28

Well done Blisters - how do you feel now?

16/06/2013 at 17:56

Well done Blisters

16/06/2013 at 18:31

Well done first lady LM.H
Well done Blisters

In from Hoy. Very warm day for us (but not as bad as 25C last week).
My son won won race in 1h12:55 !

My time was a tad slower at 2h03 (but managed to pick up 3rd in age group)
(Also got medal for first team, but not one of qualifying 3 runners and one was my son ...).
A little disappointed not to get in under 2h but not surprising after last week.

Out for family meal now (3 of offspring home)

16/06/2013 at 19:48

Great father's day present from the son, OH! And great reports from the tri-ers...and great result too, LMH. Blisters: I suspect you learned a lot...and yes, you are better than your run suggests

Blisters    pirate
16/06/2013 at 19:54

Fantastic result Other Half and Other Eighth (unless it's Other Tenth). I was trying to check out the distance of the event, but failed through lack of effort. Major league congratulations to the rightfully deserved occupant of the top step of the podium. Proud Parent, and a slap up meal most definitely the order of the day.

LMH asked how my legs were? Not damaged. A bit tight in the quads, BUT...in line with Club protocol I went for the regular Sunday evening swim training session, because I need it. Legs feel much better now. Or is that the beer making its way through to the parts it needs to reach?

16/06/2013 at 20:06

Probably both Blisters - glad you're recovering well.

Excellent family results OH. Hope you've had a lovely evening out.

16/06/2013 at 20:21

LmH – great report and a brilliant result, nice work!
Blisters –  that’s another great report and good work on toughing it out. It looks like your ranking gets better the more events you do…decathlon next week then??? Well done though, but just one question, surely the loo breaks are easiest in a wet suit?

Nice long run Paddy, and good stuff too OH (& son!)

Emz – let me know how the Mizunos work out: been using asics 2000s for years, but I’m more “if it ain’t broke…”  oh, and only two pairs to rotate? Surely you need at least 4 or 5..?

what - 8.75m easy on the lanes
why - recovery , get some sunshine etc.
last rest - friday
last hard - yesterday

16/06/2013 at 20:38

Evening

Blisters and LMH well done to the pair of you in your different  races my legs hurt  just reading about it

Winning is always good LMH

Alehouse  do the parkrun I took the Daniels approach he's said  that people  put on racing till they're fitter "I can't do a race now - too unfit" He says race when  unfit  so that you can  easily  improve on it  next time Somehow  this mad  crazy  approach suits my masochistic mind

OH well done  on the prizes sorry not sub 2 but still a good result

What: 2.01/3.14 mile cycle/1.89 mile run (20:39)
Why: Working  so fitting in lots of little things
Last Hard: The run after effects being on feet all day
Lyrics No

Edited: 16/06/2013 at 20:43
16/06/2013 at 21:38

Meant to say I had hoped my 15 mins easy would that at least. 13 mins on quite tender legs. And thanks for the parkrun message, Pammie!

16/06/2013 at 22:28

Thanks guys - I omitted to say that better half Elspeth came in 8 minutes ahead of me, and also got 3rd in her age group!
Blisters - Hilly road half marathon
Nice meal tonight

Blisters    pirate
16/06/2013 at 23:00

Other Eighth, very impressive to knock out that time then. Not too shabby yourself, OH. Or even the First Half.

Lyrics, Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell.

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver Black Phantom Bike...

When the day is dawning and the sun is shining I'll be gone, gone, gone..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.