Sunday 17th February 2013

21 to 27 of 27 messages
17/02/2013 at 16:33

Glad to hear it!

17/02/2013 at 16:43

I'd take your 10mile time, Dustin. Well done on the even splits.

Tinebeest & stickless: good training, both of you. Can't be easy to train for a mountain event on flat ground. I find stairs a killer ...

stickless: my marathon is on April 21, same day as VLM. I'm running in Hamburg.

RJF: that's even worse. Threatening people just for the fun of it. How sick and disgusting!

17/02/2013 at 16:52

Evening all

What: 6.5 miles
Why: my boyfriend decided he wanted to join me so planned a 12 km route.  However, combination of cast being unbearably hot and sock getting a hole so blisters forming made us cut a bit short.
Last hard: the heat under my cast (I was in shorts and tshirt and it was 2 degrees...
Lyrics: nope

RFJ how awful. I hope Jnr and you are ok.
Dustin and 7D great racing
Tinebeest  yay, congratulations!  When are you off?
Ale hope the bruising goes down soon, ditto stickless

Off to doc tomorrow to look at arm...fingers crossed the cast comes off for good!
Have a good one all.

17/02/2013 at 17:35

Thanks for all the support, it really does help (for us both), thanks

on top of the 6.5m earlier before Mrs RFJ went out and I took Jnr to Church, all back now, meaning that I could get back out for part 2.... anger and pent up aggression inside means poor pacing or faster runners... ended up doing 16.6m in 2:10, so 23.1m for the day.....

Hope all goes well at the doc emzap

Stairs are killers Stickless.... well done

17/02/2013 at 19:03

RFJ - just glad you are safe - it could have been awful. Hope your son is o'kay. Amazing that you were still able to fit your mileage in.

chickadee 2 x 22 milers done - you must be pretty happy with yourself.

Stickless - good stairwork - after my fall, I don't think I'd have had the confidence to do stairs! I nearly fell over again yesterday. I gave myself a stern talking to!

Dustin - nice 10 miler.

Emzap - good luck at the doctors. I find it amazing that you guys are now having a heatwave in the winter.

Alehouse - doesn't sound good but I guess it's doing it's job. Good luck - I did know the lyrics of "Oh doctor I'm in trouble" - I'm always singing that to my 3yr old gdaughter!

What: Decided to bite the bullet and do 20km very easily. Hadn't run since Tuesday as thighs too bruised. Still felt like I had rocks in them, but I did it.

17/02/2013 at 19:42

Well done for getting out there NZC. I must admit that even though it's two weeks on I'm still a little wary of falling again.

Blisters    pirate
17/02/2013 at 21:54

RFJ. That sounded like a sticky situation. Watch out for changed behaviour patterns and mood swings in both of you. I can still recall THAT DOG, the one that bit me when I was about 14.

Some great mileages being reported, and the streets around here were thronging with people on their LSDs too.
"other exercise"
and a swim this evening.

And for motivation, I've just entered the Shakespeare Marathon in Stratford. April 28th

Edited: 17/02/2013 at 21:55

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.