Sunday 17th March 2013

21 to 25 of 25 messages
17/03/2013 at 18:44

Great running LMH and 7D - both those races sound tough, especially the fells!  I tried that once too but much prefer walking on the hills instead of running.

17/03/2013 at 19:52

Of course I managed to post this earlier today, in the Saturday thread where I was reading back... I'll add some more reactions at the bottom:

=========

Wabo: happy birthday! and neat 20M in the freezer.

Emzap: I have interesting conversations with the Dutch hairdresser. We supposedly speak the same language...

Stickless: in my memory the Oriental Fac stairs at the back are quite different. Will check them out next time I'm in Cambridge. Well done on the double digits- getting back in there is every time a moment of achievement for me, too. Confidence booster, indeed, despite nausea issues.

DD: well raced on Friday, and good run the next day.

Glad to hear it's nothing to worry about so far, Donaldo. Keep it that way!

Alehouse: only unfit compared to where you were. You're doing a stellar job compared to most of the population. I keep telling myself that when I see you all running at twice my speed!

What: 12.6M, in my usual 9-1 run-walk

Why: forgot where the 6M turnaround point is

Last hard: that was

Last rest: Thursday, Saturday from running.

I also did stairs on Friday, with the pack: 2kg rice and 3L water, to get me started on "weight training". I did not have time to run there and back, just went out on the bike. My stairs can be found here: here , they should be a total height of 17.5 meter.

========

LMH: nice 20M! Considering the trials and tribulations of the past weeks, not bad at all. And hopefully the weather will be a bit nicer for the big run.

Emzap: confidence booster

Donaldo: pretty uniforms

7D: wooo- sounds tough.

Paddy! nice to see you're back!

Dustin: good racing

Hopefully this time I posted in the right place...

17/03/2013 at 20:41

You did Tine!

Your pupils look very good in their ceremonial uniform donaldo.

17/03/2013 at 21:45

OK Ok Ok Don - You should have packed the bags of all the lads and headed to Wexford to March in the st Paddy's Parade. Pretty Impressive school uniform!!

LMH  - Nice going. I see that youre VLM bound - wow. I will miss VLM this year. Its a race that i thought i'd never run nd indeed thought would be nightmare but then discovered that it was the best. Matbe I'll return some time body allowing! 20 miles is a good spin of a race at any time. Youre obviously not firing on all cylinders - and whats with the Indian - - - It should be Bacon and Cabbage today - with spuds of course!!!

LMH - this year it will be Olympic distance - if things go well maybe a 70.3 very late. I'd love to go Iron but would the body cope - i'm not sure. However, thers still good timber on the bed post where that notch should be. I've just finished reading "Iron War" - a book about Mark Allen and Dave Scott concentrating on te 1989 Ironman Hawaii - great stuff!!!. If you havent already read it have a look.

7D/ Dustin nice going too

See yiz tomorrow

Edited: 17/03/2013 at 21:45
Blisters    pirate
17/03/2013 at 21:45

Lots of good outings from all the regulars, under terrible conditions, and a welcome to the newbies. It also seems to me that Stickless is back on the rise again. Now there is a completely unstoppable woman.

Not a great training weekend for me.
A hard morning of hedge shearing (pulled muscle)
400miles of driving.
Broke my wedding ring.

-I did get some swim training done. Have you ever tried to tread water with your arms held vertically above your head? I sank like a rock.
We also tried to work on the over-rotation that I've developed.

I'm going to take up running.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.