Sunday 18th November 2012

21 to 26 of 26 messages
18/11/2012 at 18:39

chickadee - just put it down to an effort run - good on you for still getting out there. Are the other races on the same course? If they are, it will be nice seeing your times come down.

RFJ - huge congrats to you!

What: 3000m Masters track Race

Why: There are only a few on the calendar, and although I'd not trained for it, decided to have a go anyway. It was extremely windy. I tried to hold myself back on the first couple of laps, then passed my rival thinking that I would be sorry for doing that, but she didn't come past me again.

Not sure of my time as results aren't out yet. I know it is slow, but glad to get out there. The last time I went to this particular track, I watched Carl Lewis run in an international meet. That was a long time ago. Our usual track is being resurfaced. It felt very strange.

18/11/2012 at 18:59
RFJ: didn't realise the 10k time was that quick! Thought it was 38plus. Anyway you are going well: progressive consistent consistency.

NZC: 3k on the track will have been a bit of a shock to the system after your recent marathon!
18/11/2012 at 20:23

Blimey NZC - a woman of may talents!

Thanks for sharing that RFJ. I know that you can't do everything - marathon, half marathon, triathlon - if you want to do it well, that you can't always be at your racing weight or on PB form but it's hard to actually accept that and to give up the things you enjoy doing in order to focus on one result but it certainly paid off for you.

18/11/2012 at 20:43

Well Done RFJ

Well done NZC too.
Was tempted to try a short distance track race just for the Hell of it at Durness Highland Games (but ducked out as it was attrocious weather) and just went for the "hill" 4m race instead

Did manage to get 3 miles in today while work was quiet

18/11/2012 at 20:58

evening all, 
well done at the xc sweep, and NZC on the track, good work beating your rival!
Positive outlook too Chicka, well done for getting it done.
RFJ - sounds like an ideal day for running today, huge congrats on the PB and well deserved after months of solid training,
what - 7 miles with niggle free hamstring in a zippy 49:50 after a day in the New Forest (eldest at county hockey trials) 
why - need to get back in the groove
last hard - today, probably
last rest - friday

enjoy whats left of the weekend 

18/11/2012 at 21:43

LMH - It was a move I made after damaging my Hamstring Tendon after training to much for Abingdon and Poppy Day Maras last year and doing both whilst injured... got away with Abingdon, but Poppy day was a killer.

Hence I took a year out from maras, I plan to do VLM but if that goes wrong I may try one more then give up the maras if the body cannot cope....

At 44 and 14 years of running I am still capable of hitting genuine PB's and if that means dropping maras to be able to do that then so be it.... next year will be a defining year in that respect.

Thanks for all the lovely comments

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.